Rant (sort of)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always a big mistake @tsparker78. I often have found this. Suddenly you're a done deal so I don't have to keep trying. My mobile hairdresser often had Friday (my day) off sick and would frequently have to cancel me. We were quite good friends. I then found out that she was having weekends away at short notice so cancelling me at 9.00 on the morning of my appointment. That didn't last however much I liked her.

We'll often overlook a lot if we feel appreciated x

Ah ok from your original post I assumed it was a one off and usually they are spot on. In that case it sounds as if you have been unhappy for a while and that was just the final straw. I never try to under appreciate a regular client no matter how friendly you are- I give regulars discounts and offers whereas new clients always pay full price, I also treat them as if it was their first appointment always ( things like being on time, taking their coat, making a drink, not rushing them) small things but I think they matter

They do matter. I really like this guy's style. We're both in the industry so we got really friendly which I took as genuine. He also a bigger guy. I'm stylish and dress well. Not fancy or posh but well, and I often feel that 20 year old skinny girls just think oh well we can do whatever with his hair.

I don't know what "perfect" meant, but it didn't come across well. I may not go back.
You shouldn't be worrying, mistakes happen. If this ever happens , a simple "I'm so sorry if it's messing you about, I'm not sure what's happened but we can fit you in when's best for you?" I think it's what we call customer service , communication or simple good manners, he should be worried he's lost a client who's hair he enjoyed cutting!

I
Ah ok from your original post I assumed it was a one off and usually they are spot on. In that case it sounds as if you have been unhappy for a while and that was just the final straw. I never try to under appreciate a regular client no matter how friendly you are- I give regulars discounts and offers whereas new clients always pay full price, I also treat them as if it was their first appointment always ( things like being on time, taking their coat, making a drink, not rushing them) small things but I think they matter

I think you treat these clients better as they've been loyal to you so you have to be loyal to them!

so you should be! They should be apologizing even if it was your fault. Your their client they want to keep you. They should of been alot more understanding and if i was you i wouldn't go back that is bad customer service skills. I have had this in the salon i work in and if it wasnt my fault i still apologize and do my best to fit them in and defo not lie about calling them.

Latest posts

Back