Rapid Tan gun problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajet

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any problems with their guns on their rapid tan spray tan machine? I have had nothing but problems with the guns. They work for so long then they start spitting the tan out. I clean my machine thoroughly after every use and follow all maintainence including all instructions for the supplier.

I have reported the problem and they keep sending me new guns which work
For so long then they start spitting again. Also guns are letting solution out even when the trigger isn't pressed. I've Attached some photos. The last 2 I received didn't work at all. I reported the problem when my machine was within warranty but the issue was never sorted? Does anyone know where I stand??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 98
Hi Ajet

I've had the same problem with two of my guns. All of a sudden the trigger gets stuck and sort of loose and the solution continually sprays out weather the trigger is pressed or not. It's been fairly easy to get a new gun sent, they seem to ask no questions and just send a new one but it's a pain when you're midway through a spray tan and this happens.

Sorry I can't help with the warranty thing, but just wanted you to know you're not alone!

Sam x

Hi Ajet

I've had the same problem with two of my guns. All of a sudden the trigger gets stuck and sort of loose and the solution continually sprays out weather the trigger is pressed or not. It's been fairly easy to get a new gun sent, they seem to ask no questions and just send a new one but it's a pain when you're midway through a spray tan and this happens.

Sorry I can't help with the warranty thing, but just wanted you to know you're not alone!

Sam x

Thanks Hun. The with the solution still coming out of the gun when the trigger isn't pressed has only just started. The main things is how the guns is spitting solution out to the point where I have to stop spraying and tell the client to go wash it off. I have lost so much money and this week alone I had one after the Other wanting to book. It's gone crazy! And I don't even have a gun that works so have lost so many clients and so much money. It's ruining my business x

Hi Ajet and Sam@tonic,

We are sorry you are having difficulties with your Rapid applicators and we trust that our team have looked after you.

Spitting and/or spraying without pushing the trigger is usually attributed to secondary maintenance, where there may be some solution that has crystallised in the nozzle. This secondary maintenance is very easy, however needs to be performed every 2-4 weeks, depending on frequency of use. Attached below is a PDF file that outlines the process & also youtube video.

Hope this resolves all your issues, however please don't hesitate to contact our team.

TE
xx

Attachments

• RAPID APPLICATOR MAINTENANCE.PDF
    63.6 KB · Views: 44
Hi Ajet and Sam@tonic,

We are sorry you are having difficulties with your Rapid applicators and we trust that our team have looked after you.

Spitting and/or spraying without pushing the trigger is usually attributed to secondary maintenance, where there may be some solution that has crystallised in the nozzle. This secondary maintenance is very easy, however needs to be performed every 2-4 weeks, depending on frequency of use. Attached below is a PDF file that outlines the process & also youtube video.

Hope this resolves all your issues, however please don't hesitate to contact our team.

TE
xx

No I've sent various emails with videos attached like they asked for. I've had no reply I've asked for them to call me. Know one has called me I'm just going round in circles. This has been going on for nearly a year now.

I hav
Hi Ajet and Sam@tonic,

TE
xx

I have also followed all maintainence advice and videos and still no look. The 2 guns I have now are brand new and still don't work!

No I've sent various emails with videos attached like they asked for. I've had no reply I've asked for them to call me. Know one has called me I'm just going round in circles. This has been going on for nearly a year now.

Hi Ajet,

Where did you purchase your machine from and which company have you called to rectify this? We work with distributors, so want to get all info & sort it out for you.

Have you tried performing the secondary maintenance on the applicators that requires the spanner?

TE
xx

Hi Ajet,

Where did you purchase your machine from and which company have you called to rectify this? We work with distributors, so want to get all info & sort it out for you.

Have you tried performing the secondary maintenance on the applicators that requires the spanner?

TE
xx
Suntana. I have spoke to them and I am in contact with Lisa from tanning essentials but I've not herd anything back since sending videos and pictures. I need this sorting this week as it's ruining my business I've worked so hard to get off the ground. Yes I have also done that I have done everything tanning essentials have asked!

Suntana. I have spoke to them and I am in contact with Lisa from tanning essentials but I've not herd anything back since sending videos and pictures. I need this sorting this week as it's ruining my business I've worked so hard to get off the ground. Yes I have also done that I have done everything tanning essentials have asked!

Hi Ajet,

Great that you have been in contact with Lisa, i will follow up on your behalf too.

TE
xx

Hi Ajet,

Great that you have been in contact with Lisa, i will follow up on your behalf too.

TE
xx
Hi Ajet,

TE
xx
So what do I do now? I have a machine that Dosent work. I have no replys on emails and now I'm going into another week of not knowing weather I need to cancel clients or not? This has been going on way to long now.

Hi Ajet and Sam@tonic,

TE
xx

Thanks for your help tanning essentials, on both of my guns the trigger actually broke. There was no resistance when pulling the trigger back to spray. It was just loose and floppy. Both guns were replaced within a quick time frame and I've always got a spare so it wasn't too much of an issue. Hopefully this won't keep happening.

Ajet, I hope you manage to get yours sorted soon as your situation sounds pretty stressful. Good luck!

Sam x

My daughter did the St T course with Ellisons and although the st t is a nice tan the service from st t is appalling.
my daughter had no point of contact to call for advice, she calls ellisons who never know the answer to any of her questions and they always say they'll get someone to call which they never do. She paid a lot of money to do this course and she feels they took her money and ran with it.
Very disappointed

Just wanted to bump this one back up as my gun, which is just out of warranty, has started to do the spitting out solution thing!! I've tried the trouble shooting thanks to finding this post and no thanks to Ellisons (who sold me the machine), but doesn't look like it's helped!!

Ellisons told me that they had never heard of this problem and were only interested in wether the gun was still in warranty. At the time of phoning I wasn't interested in a replacement I just wanted help trouble shooting!!

Has anyone got any advise re your client looking like they have large freckles, have you found a way to over come?

I trained with that gun but I bought a maximist off Suntana after reading things like this.

They have an ex demo section on the site which is much cheaper.

Not happy, just wanted help from Ellisons on how to fix the problem. Had a very cheery girl call me back this morning to say " your warranty run out last month, so we can't help", she almost sung it she sounded so pleased with herself!! Reading this thread and others it sounds like the machine has a fault which hasn't ever been resolved and I've been sold an expensive piece of c..p!

On moneysavingexpert it says consumers should be protected if an appliance breaks down just outside of warranty.

You'd expect a machine costing that much to last longer than a year.

Hi Ajet and Sam@tonic,

TE
xx

Hi, Im in the uk, and have this, my trigger is not working, tried everything you say,plus the hose has come away from the top end, can you replace the gun and hose, only had this 8 months? Kind regards Nikki

Hi, Im in the uk, and have this, my trigger is not working, tried everything you say,plus the hose has come away from the top end, can you replace the gun and hose, only had this 8 months? Kind regards Nikki
The trigger is continue spraying water, no release.

Just wanted to bump this one back up as my gun, which is just out of warranty, has started to do the spitting out solution thing!! I've tried the trouble shooting thanks to finding this post and no thanks to Ellisons (who sold me the machine), but doesn't look like it's helped!!

Ellisons told me that they had never heard of this problem and were only interested in wether the gun was still in warranty. At the time of phoning I wasn't interested in a replacement I just wanted help trouble shooting!!

Has anyone got any advise re your client looking like they have large freckles, have you found a way to over come?
What do you have your air flow on (the dial on machine) ? xx

Latest posts

Back