"Rapid" tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M00min

Reaction score
Hi

During my research to decide which tanning solution to use I've come across "rapid" tans like Vani-T Velocity and Organics Illusion. Do you use these and if so is it as an option alongside traditional eight-hour tans or on their own?

Thanks
x

Sorry i don't use them. When i haven't much time though, i just wash my regular tan off early and i still get a great tan :)

I use Organic Illusion and my clients love it one client likes to be dark and has left it on for two hours and she said was a lovely colour. Had a sample of Vani T and tried it out on myself this week left on for three hours and to be honest not impressed with colour or smell in fact still had a spray tan aroma after second shower.

Hi yes I use both regular Vani-T and Velocity. I actually find that the Velocity tan has become extremely popular over the last wee while. I have had it since it came out last year and always had brilliant results with it.
I have used both Velocity and Organics Illusion, but probably because I am used to the Velocity I just found there wasn't much colour change with Illusion. Maybe this is why the previous poster didn't like Velocity as I am guessing application must be a little different.
My clients love that it can be washed off early so don't have to sleep in it, although I have a few people who sleep in it anyway, which gives a really good dark tan. And I have to say it lasts for ages and fades perfectly.
xxx

I find my Illusion goes a nice deep colour the Vani T one was a hard to descirbe colour and I had to keep it on longer than the Illusion and it was the smell I wasn't fond of and that was after two showers. Best thing to do is get a sample of both and see which you prefer yourself lol.

i use the organics illusion, I offer this as well as the normal tans. IMO the illusion gives a much better even tan than any I have used before even on your hands and feet you actully look like you have a natural suntan.
I have a few clients using it, but I have just had one done on myself and the colour is so fab I think a lot will change over to this.

I must say that I certainly don't find any after smell with Velocity.

But yes I would agree that if you think you would like to try a rapid tan then definitely get samples or request a demo.
The good thing is that you are not only relying on DHA to tan. I can't speak for any other tans, but Velocity has 4 different bronzing agents which give you a gorgeous colour. This is also handy for those who don't take much colour with DHA (DHA resistant).
Elle did an independant review on Velocity a while ago, I'll try to look it out for you xxx

Hi

During my research to decide which tanning solution to use I've come across "rapid" tans like Vani-T Velocity and Organics Illusion. Do you use these and if so is it as an option alongside traditional eight-hour tans or on their own?

Thanks
x

Hi hun,

I havn't tried the velocity so i can't comment on that, but with regards to the illusion we offer it alongside the rest of the organics range and its very popular.
The versatility of the solution is what i find most attractive about it. It can suit a wide range of skin tones and the fact you only need to leave it on for a couple of hours is fab.
A couple of weeks ago we had run out of 5% and i had a red head skin type 1 in for a tan for her wedding the next day *gulp* so i gave her the illusion and told her to wash off after 1 hour which she did and the colour was lush.
I personally have switched from organics 8% and now only have illusion simply because i can shower it off after 2 hours. I have tested it on myself a number of times leaving it on for varied time scales and i found for my fair skin 2 hours gives me the best colour.

HTH!

xx:hug:xx

Thanks everyone. I'm going to get some samples! I see that most of you offer these tans alongside your normal range. Do you think you could offer it on its own? Just thought it's quite a nice selling point x

Thanks everyone. I'm going to get some samples! I see that most of you offer these tans alongside your normal range. Do you think you could offer it on its own? Just thought it's quite a nice selling point x
there are two options here for you to follow.

Firstly offer the rapid tan at a slightly higher premium than your normal solutions or bin all your various solutions you carry and just use the rapid tan which is effectively suitable for all skin types.

Leave it on for 1 hr and skin type 1 catered for...leave it on for the full 4 hrs and that's the olive skin catered for.

Saves you having to carry all the different solution percentages...
Simples :hug:

i use the organics illusion, I offer this as well as the normal tans. IMO the illusion gives a much better even tan than any I have used before even on your hands and feet you actully look like you have a natural suntan.
I have a few clients using it, but I have just had one done on myself and the colour is so fab I think a lot will change over to this.

hi there do you know where I can get hold of a sample of organics illusion and also how much i should charge for a mobile spray tan in it? I usually charge £20 for a Sienna tan x

The only concern with not having the solutions that you can leave on as long as you want is that the rapid tan may have to be washed off after a couple of hours and that may not be possible for some people. Just something to think about. But yes you could get all different skin types covered with one rapid solution as long as they can wash it off at the right time xxx

Last edited:
hi there do you know where I can get hold of a sample of organics illusion and also how much i should charge for a mobile spray tan in it? I usually charge £20 for a Sienna tan x

You can most certainly charge a premium to your customers when offering them an organic solution over others.
For a sample of organic's...just send me a pm and it will be done
HTH :hug:

I used the Illusion rapid tan sample the other week and it was brilliant, in fact all my Organics samples are going down well I'm just running all my solutions down so I can swap over!!!:)

Thanks for all your feedback guys! I've got my samples on the way (thanks Collin!) and my training's at the end of Nov so I'll report back when I get started! x

Thanks for all your feedback guys! I've got my samples on the way (thanks Collin!) and my training's at the end of Nov so I'll report back when I get started! x

Please do let me know how you get on as feedback..positive or negative is most welcome :hug:

Latest posts

Back