Rare allergy to nail and lash glue when pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brown2013

Reaction score
Hey

So when I was pregnant I was happily doing gel extensions (Nails and Lashes) however about 6-7 months into my pregnancy i got a rare allergy to one of the ingriedients in both which affected my breathing resulted in being on a nebuliser to open my chest and eaze the weezieness on one occassion and also given an inhaler incase it happened again, and gave me cold/flu like symptoms for days after! I just wondered if this had happened to anyone else? and if you was able to use it after you had given birth? I had my baby in October im looking to start up again in Feb only part time as could do with the extra pennies and enjoy doing it i just dont want to end up with a reaction again!!

Thanks

kelly xx

You're more likely to develop allergies whilst pregnant.
That's why some (but apparently not all) lash trainers list it as a contraindication.
I couldn't tell you if it's a permanent thing. A break sometimes sorts these things out but in other cases further exposure only worsens the reaction each time. I suppose time will tell! X

You're more likely to develop allergies whilst pregnant.
That's why some (but apparently not all) lash trainers list it as a contraindication.
I couldn't tell you if it's a permanent thing. A break sometimes sorts these things out but in other cases further exposure only worsens the reaction each time. I suppose time will tell! X

yeah I guess im just going to have to see how i go! really hoping it was just a pregnancy thing!! i have considered wearing a mask ... however i dont want to put off clients incase they think they will have the same reaction :(

The increase in hormones can & often increases sensitivity to products on both nails & hair.
This is not only for pregnant mums, but can affect ladies even having their hair done who are on their monthly cycle..

No idea of whether you could still be affected or not, but I'd be too scared to take the risk. .

Latest posts

Back