Rash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link Debbie, I will definately check it out xxxxx

It was Babtac, quite a long article and the website about the product is www.originalhealthsoap.co.uk. Was v interested as my daughter gets eczema v badly (been in hospital twice with it). They sell a special soap and washing powder, and the results look v good. Only down side is they say it gets worse for about a week as you can't use any of your normal products, I know it's short term pain for long term gain, but is is so hard watching someone suffering with skin that is "on fire". Has anyone used this product by any chance?

oooh- what a wally just noticed debbie's already beaten me to it!!
dee said:
hi there was something in one of the mags , i cant remember if it was pro beauty, or the babtac one, but there was a guy who invented some kind of soap for skin conditions it worked wonders on people with exema , psoriosis etc i will try and find it , it was natural soit is worth a try :)

yep that was the article i was on about , i am glad someone found it , i had chucked my babtac mags away coz little un thinks its hilarious to rip mags up :rolleyes: , but it reckons it is really good , i am sure it is worth a try

hiya sue
just a thought... as said b4, allergic reaction is not likely as u r new to the industry.
however, irritation can occur after just a few times of being exposed to something. especially if your skin is already irritable due to being hot & sticky.

you say it's on your legs, did u wear a skirt while working?
any dust can irritate the skin, so if the dust came into contact with your legs etc while you was already hot & (pardon the expression) sweaty!, then it's a possibility.?

i'm suffering from heat rash on the fronts of my feat at the mo, it drives me mad, i have to hang my feet out of the bed at night!

good luck with finding a solution
liza xx

Update

I have been back to the doctors today, my rash is worse. It is definately not an allergic reaction, he said it was 'this really long word' cant remember but he said Im gonna have this for the next few months:cry: . I feel so scabby, I was in woolies the other day being served and the cashier was staring at my hands, it was awful.

I want to know do any of you geeks wear gloves you know the kind the doctors wear for your services. Gotta feeling Im gonna have to get some as my hands are that bad. If you know where I can get some please let me know..

Thanks in Advance

Careful which gloves you get cos I know some can give an allergic reaction!!!! Think it might be the latex ones, but sure there is someone out there who can confirm this one.

Hi there

It's a pain isn't it, I know how you feel. It could also be a delayed stress reaction, stress often happens months after an event or worry.

It is weird that quite often those in eg beauty often have terrible skin or acne, 2 owners of the salon I work in are the same. Actually when I did my manicure course the poor women was covered, she was selling the business and moving her family to France as well, so dare say that had a lot to do with it.

Sarah's right, find out which gloves are suitable, try not to worry as it will make it worse.

I still believe it could be due to dust particles from filing. I've noticed not only my arms flaring up but my top lip gets very dry. I know I should wear my mask but don't, so I put vaseline on my lips which helps. I am going to try and cover my arms up too when doing nails, and try not to touch my face which probably gets dust on it as well.

Hope it clears up soon for you.

Deb379

i use vinyl gloves, you can get em from ellisons or beauty express

sarah haslam said:
Careful which gloves you get cos I know some can give an allergic reaction!!!! Think it might be the latex ones, but sure there is someone out there who can confirm this one.
yes, some people are allergic to latex. a coleague of mine was allergic to the powder in the gloves as well. so it may be safest to go for unpowdered vinyl.

Nitril gloves will do the trick there babe......................you can get them from Creative and even Boots the Chemist............
just a thought

Hi Sarah Lou,

just wanted to say hope the hands stop itching soon.

Can't believe how quickly these summer holidays are going, I'll be in touch in the next few weeks to arrange our meeting.

Sarah Lou said:
Update

I have been back to the doctors today, my rash is worse. It is definately not an allergic reaction, he said it was 'this really long word' cant remember but he said Im gonna have this for the next few months:cry: . I feel so scabby, I was in woolies the other day being served and the cashier was staring at my hands, it was awful.
Hi there Sarah Lou

Just read your thread, my daughter has a very similar rash if not the same. She has a raised rash on her trunk(not the elephant kind:rolleyes: ) but on her front and back and down her legs, arms, neck and up into her scalp. Took her to BUPA and diagnosed as 'pityriasis rosea'. This is viral and comes about when seasons are about to change ie. Feb/March, August/Sept. It lasts upto a couple of months and then should calm down. Once you have had this your body then becomes immune and you should not get it anymore. She was prescribed lots of creams, a derma shower gel and antihistimes. We are seeing the dermatologist again on the 27th. Fingers crossed. X

Hi Jacki,

Thats the word. Im glad Im not the only one and its good to know we will only get this once, still a big pain though. Good luck with your daughter at the dermotologist. All the best

Latest posts

Back