Rate my contour skills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy89

Reaction score
I am not a make up artist. But I'm obsessed with makeup. I've been desperately trying to nail the art of contouring . So here's a picture of my attempts. Can I get some constructive criticism/ feedback please? Not sure if this is a silly question , but is my contour too blended? (I used benefit hoola bronzer, nars blush and a mac shimmer cream) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414611182.089914.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414611239.848174.jpg

Hi,

For true contouring you need to use camouflage creams under your foundation.

The contouring you have done seems more of a subtle day look.

For a more defined look you need to do more depth with a Bronzer underneath the cheek bones.

If you have Instagram check out a lady called Vegas nay, she's recently uploaded a contouring video.

I sometimes do use concealer to countour under the foundation and then powders on top. I have used bronzer here under the blusher. Thanks for the tips, I am following Vegas nay. I will check it out x

Get a darker shade of foundation and use that to contour. It will blend nicely with the foundation you normally wear

Perhaps a little more of the darker shade on the forehead, and blend a little from the jawline down onto the neck?

Styledbyhrush on IG is another amazing one for contouring x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can u plz recommend a good palette for cream concealer to contour and highlighter inn the same palette would be a bonus :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can u plz recommend a good palette for cream concealer to contour and highlighter inn the same palette would be a bonus :D

Alastasia Beverly Hills contour pallete x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you use products with shimmer in - it won't work. (Shimmer only for highlighting) So What ever shades you use make sure they are matte.
Sleek make up to a contouring palette with 3 shades that's good to practice with.
Also
Check out Danielle robertsmua on Instagram too her work if wicked! xx

I use illamasqua sculpting duo but it gives very light contour . What do u think ?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=ite...t from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't buy make up from eBay. You don't know what's in it. And a lot of branded make up on eBay is fake. Wouldn't fancy chancing putting that on my face x

Artdeco do camouflage creams that are also used for contouring. The last pictures you have posted don't really looked contoured. Are you interested in doing makeup or just having a go?

Maybe watch some YouTube vids xx

Personally I wouldn't buy make up from eBay. You don't know what's in it. And a lot of branded make up on eBay is fake. Wouldn't fancy chancing putting that on my face x

I have never bought makeup from ebay in my whole life as i use high quality products because i cant take risks. Its just that i like these kind of palettes and looking for any like these but definitely not this .. :)

I've watched a million and one contour videos. I placed a dark colour around my forehead and under my cheekbones. I'm always concerned that it's not blended so Im always blending. Is it too blended that it's not noticeable? I'm having a go but I'm going on a course next year at some point

I've used eBay products on my face and have never had a problem. Why can't you take these risks. Do you have sensitive skin? X

Its not about me.its about my clients. I can take risk for myself but not clients :)

you don't even need contouring, i'd die for your cheekbones you're really pretty.

i have heard good things about the anastasia beverly hills contour kit (if you write that into google you can see people who've used it), but it's not available in the uk till jan 2015 (on cult beauty.. thinking about ordering it but not sure).

i've got the nars albatros highlighter it's supposed to be good but i didn't think much of it.. i preferred the bourjois highlighter it was in a book but they've discontinued it in place of a bronzer/highlighter book- i don't rate the bronzer though for contouring purposes
a lot of people rate the ben nye banana powder but when i put it into google generally the people using it have darker skin and it seems to work better

and this kit - Studio 10 | Visible Lift Face Definer | Cult Beauty
which i don't recommend at all and regret buying

this is the kit that's supposedly really good

Pro Series Contour Kit | Anastasia Beverly Hills | Cult Beauty

i do find it easier to contour with powder over cream if you have a lot you want to cover with foundation/powder cause with creams it tends to ruin your work (i've found anyway in my exp)
good if you have no scars/blemishes/freckles though (i do though which is annoying)

i think a lot of it depends on the product you're using. i've never had the same results with the products i used when i look at people who've used that abh kit.

i find contouring one of the most difficult things to do in makeup.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back