Raynaud's disease

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb32

Reaction score
Hi guys

wonder if you could help me i have a client with raynards disorder and she as had shellac on her nails but she only seems to keep it on for a week then starts to peel on a couple of nails... All my other clients are fine!!!

So was wondering if raynards is affecting her nails... As it is fustrating me..

Thanks

I suffer from Raynauds in the cold weather and I've noticed that Shellac doesn't last very long on me. Normal polish usually lasts one day, Shellac and other gels usually last a week or just under.

I don't know if it's definitely connected but I think it is. Sorry, probably not much help but I'd assume it could be the reason. :)

I also found this from Nails Magazine which might interest you. It doesn't mention anything about the polish staying power but it does give you some good info on how to deal with a client with raynauds. http://nailsmag.com/article/82109/what-is-raynauds-disease

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your help :) ... I did Google it but didn't really understand and it was not telling me what I wanted to know... I thought it would be that due to circulation in the fingers.. But just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem....

Sent from my D2303 using SalonGeek mobile app

So my client (same client) is going away for 2 weeks how am I going to be able to keep the shellac on her nails without coming off and would you think it would affect her toes as well.....

feeling sorry for my client!!!!!! :cry:

If anyone as any ideas that would help me please feel free

Thanks

I have raynauds and have no problems with shellac, easily get 2-3 weeks without proper aftercare

so would you say that she is pulling the shellac off herself? as I have no problem with any other clients at all...

I have Raynauds and had problems with Shellac, I wear Brisa Lite Smoothing gel underneath and I can now get 2-3 weeks easily. The extra strength stops my thin nails from bending and chipping/cracking.

That's brill I will try that ... as I told my client to come back today so I could have a look at her nails....
Thanks for the reply

I have Raynauds also and use Gelish, I apply a thin layer of structure gel under my colour and get much longer wear using that xx

Latest posts

Back