Re: 3 non-discussed distance-learning programs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agl

Reaction score
Hello! I recently moved to a village on Crete with a population of 300, and I am making a career change because I cannot do my previous job here. Nails have always been a passion for me, and considering that there is nowhere that does even a proper manicure here in nearby cities (I'm located waaaay in the boonies), I thought this may just be my second chance at life.

Only problem is - the closest school I can find is in Athens. Basically I need to fly to get there, so I can't commute. Nothing around here I can find on the island. My solution therefore is distance (home) learning. I thought I'd pick up as much education as I can, then look where I can get practical training when I absolutely must. I've actually had some instruction in Gel in Japan, and I went to get them done regularly, so the concept isn't entirely foreign.

So here's my question. I'm down to three institutions (I think) - these are what I found, and looked extensive from my amateur eyes.
Stonebridge (I've found the other threads and read a bit on this)
Blackford Institutute of Nail Technicians
UK Distance Learning College

Has anybody tried out the second or third one? From what I can see, Blackford appears to offer the highest qualifications; UK Distance Learning offers a more practical training. I've read about people's good opinions of Essential Nails - the comprehensive nature of each separate topic is attractive, but I think I may first need a general introduction of the field instead. The three schools seem to vary in qualification - but I have no idea how much they matter. As for insurance etc., I don't know if it applies to me, either, because I'm on Crete :-(

Please let me know if anyone has an opinion on them! Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am afraid you haven't researched a lot on this, hun!...
Crete is filled with various nail schools.
There are two Creative Academies! So, if you are interested in getting a CND training, you can pm me and I will give you all the details (or help you in any other way I can).

greeknails may be able to help you out with this one hun x

Wow, thank you! I AM interested in whatever is available... I will pm you! Thank you!

Latest posts

Back