re-abuser of mma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
had a client in with mma nails on -= took them off - re-applied cnd nails - shes only gone on holiday - lost one nail so took (bit them off) them off then went back to the mma salon rather than wait to come back to me - do i penilise her for this or not - i certainly wont be soaking off again

I wouldnt soak off G, if she comes back to you on her return wanting your services again i would try to debulk and infill using your products untill it has more or less grown out.

You dont know what is underneath so better to be safe than sorry. Plus why waste your time again? Theres no harm in infilling the normal way over the top.

I wouldnt soak off G, if she comes back to you on her return wanting your services again i would try to debulk and infill using your products untill it has more or less grown out.

You dont know what is underneath so better to be safe than sorry. Plus why waste your time again? Theres no harm in infilling the normal way over the top.

but what about colour difference:hug:

she already rang salon to book in with me and said she wernt hjappy with the nails she got on hols

but what about colour difference:hug:

I would have thought with all the shades that creative do you will find one to suit or blend in chick, the opaque colours are fab.

Try a coverage fill over the top G.....I NEVER soak off MMA nowadays.....seen too many dodgy nails underneath!

You can't really punish her, ..... she went on hols and had to do something.

Only today,one of my clients returned from hols with those kind of nails (she had to get them done while she was away) we both tut tutted, I fixed them up and she appreciates my nails even more now.

Not hi-jacking here but wanted to share my frustration :irked:- I've done my sister-in-laws nails on a few occasions (not recently). I have told her about the dangers of MMA but she's been going back to have them done. I feel totally insulted for one but she says she likes the way they do them (which is half of the nail bed pink and then rest white) making her fingers look stubby. I said I could do them like that but I would be too embarassed to send someone away looking like that. She has lovely long nail beds and this basically cuts them in half. There is no telling some people.:eek:

G,

I think you need to make your decision as to what to do once you have seen the nails, you never know they maybe okish or they maybe horrendous. If the later than I would debulk and make good until it's grown out.

Either way I dont think you can penalise the lady, the only thing I would say in a jokey way is "Why didn't you just get the one nail repaired?" So she knows again that you disaprove of the use of MMA.

thanks guys - i certainly wont be taking them off AGAIN - will try in colour match me thinks - its so damm frustrating tho, when i spent all that time taking off her others, she was well chuffed with the result too - hey ho - she must have to cash to do these things

thanks guys - i certainly wont be taking them off AGAIN - will try in colour match me thinks - its so damm frustrating tho, when i spent all that time taking off her others, she was well chuffed with the result too - hey ho - she must have to cash to do these things

It's not good practice to infil someone else's work, specially MMA.

Presumably you charge for soaking so why is it wasting your time?? A soak if a service like any other. It's like giving a nail biter a manicure to help them stop and the first one doesn't work cos they bite them again. Will you be wasting your time if you try again?

Sit her somewhere to soak off and have another client (as it will take so long) and earn twice for the same time. That's not wasting time

I agree with mum, at the end of the day the service you provide isn't free, your getting paid to sort out her nails. I know that mma is bad she probably does too, but se was on holiday and this is another perfect chance for you to prove to her that your nails are much better, i say the same as mum, soak her nails off, see another client in the meantime an then re-do her nails for her. :hug:

Presumably you charge for soaking so why is it wasting your time?? A soak if a service like any other. It's like giving a nail biter a manicure to help them stop and the first one doesn't work cos they bite them again. Will you be wasting your time if you try again?

Sit her somewhere to soak off and have another client (as it will take so long) and earn twice for the same time. That's not wasting time

Marian,

I can totally see what you (and others) are saying about not filling in MMA products as you do not know what is lying underneath.

However, I was always under the impression from reading other threads that it was best to infil as by removing mma can cause more trauma to the nat. nail and it was best to let it grow out.

I'm now confused as to what to do for the best. Maybe somebody could confirm for me.

I wouldn't soak off unless i had too or the client wanted me too....whats the point..? if they look ok and just need infilling then why soak it off and possibly cause more trauma to the natural nail than they have already had...as we all know MMA needs a roughed up surface to adhere so more than likely would have been e-filed to bits to start with.

Then as MMA clients are used to "Rock hard nails r us" they have nothing but problems with the instant difference in our products....instead i keep rebalancing and they gradually get used to the difference and it only takes a few visits before the MMA has safely grown off and they are left with your products on their nails.

It isn't a time thing for me...i couldn't care less about the time....its the logic.

Presumably you charge for soaking so why is it wasting your time??

Hi Marian,

Luckily I've never had the misfortune to have to soak MMA nails off, but it's my understanding that MMA takes a REALLY long time to soak off and quite a few files in the process :lol:

So with regards to that, I think you spend a lot of time (possibly "wasting time") getting rid of them and as has been said previously, from reading loads of threads on here, I was also under the impression not to soak MMA off if you can avoid it and just infill as the nail underneath might be in a bad way or you could possibly cause more trauma.

Marlise

a tech friend of mine charges more if she has to soak a set that's been not done by her... like 10 or 20 € more. but she does it only on request.

I too would let the old set grow out, hide with a CB the different shades

I have only once ever had the joy of removing a client MMA. Took forever and revealed appalling damage underneath. It is also very difficult to remove even the smallest amounts of MMA. The stuff does not bl**dy budge!

After this I was advized by peeps on Nail Geek that it would have been better to overlay and thus allowing the dodgy MMA to grow out whilst not risking further damage.

It may look a little less attractive for a while but at least the thinned underlying nail plate is protected.

I agree that the client should not be penalised. Just tactfully educate her Glynnis. The damage to her fingers is punishment enough, lol. Try to encourage her to temporarily go for colour gel to hide any unsightly workmanship.

I would be more inclinded to rebalance over the MMA (it chokes you filing it off and smells yukkk) ......

But feel happier removing it so underneath checks can be made.....

I have removed 1 set and the client was close to tears when she saw the state of her nails...they literally disintigrated....the red circles and soft floppy nail beds were present (and i didnt soak off)

She was desperate to have nails back on the same day for the bank holiday weekend... I tip & overlayed them with CND l&P, I wouldve rather her waited for the nails to get back to normal but she wouldnt wait!

But my question is can the nails repair themselves under the MMA nails ....

After removal of the MMA nails I put some of my CND l&P on and the nails have healed pretty quickly...(she wanted them taken off this week) I soaked them off and they have really improved.

So is it better for the nails to get them off or leave them on ?????

Trauma v's underlying problems that cant be seen..

How long would it take for these MMA nails to grow out natually?????

I have had a few enquires for removal of other techs work and i charge 12.00 + 5.00 for every extra 15mins...People would rather pay this than have a nns removed them with the e-file.....(e-files being fine in the hands of the trained).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back