re: advice on thumb nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisondenn

Reaction score
Just need to know what this can be?? A friend of mine, who is not my client, has been having L&P tip extensions for over 2 years. I saw her yesterday and she showed me her thumb nail. There are a lot white blisters at the side of her thumb which is spreading under her nail plate. She says her nail underneath her extensions is breaking away. Anyway the doctor has now prescribed a course of tablets for this but she still wants to keep her extensions. I said it could be that she is now allergic to the products and have suggested she have a break from extensions. What does this sound like!! I've never seen or heard of this before and she wants me to advise her!!!

Hi

Just thought i would bump this up as i am interested in any replies.

is it only on the thumb?

I used to get little white raised dots around my cuticles (really tiny, couldn't really c them) they were really itchy. only ever stayed near cuticle never went on to actual nail bed. I think mine is from gel, not entirly sure tho.

If its only on the thumb it could be something else.

in nail encyclopedia, it says an allergic reaction is;
"A swelling, rash, soreness or open sores may indicate an allergy to a particular product or chemical. The nail may also be white in colour or have white patches. The product should be removed....."

Even if it isn't an allergic reaction, it cud b more serious. u only need 2 take off the offending nail, and if she doesn't she may risk the n.nail falling off.

Tell her to get allergy tested, loadsa beauty salons do it or the dr's then she will no 4 sure. it cud b an allergy to a product she has used at home.

Without seeing the nail I would say it is atopic dermatitis..............
Keep the nails free of enhancements, whilst the client is using medication and is being treated for this..........
The causes could be many, including stress related .............
Make a note of this in her client record card for further information and future services

This is a contra indication to enhancements.............
HTH

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Without seeing the nail I would say it is atopic dermatitis..............
Keep the nails free of enhancements, whilst the client is using medication and is being treated for this..........
The causes could be many, including stress related .............
Make a note of this in her client record card for further information and future services

This is a contra indication to enhancements.............
HTH

You no every thing about everything!!!!:)
Teach me all your wisdom!!!!!
Seen loadsa threads u done and u've always got all the right solutions!!!!!:green:

Latest posts

Back