Re-balance - how often ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you re balance

• 1 week

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • 4 weeks or more

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I often read of geeks with clients who go 3-4 weeks or even more in between appointments.
I always say 2 weeks and have never had anyone who can go longer, my own nails get stretched to 2 weeks but really need doing after 10 days.
Am I doing something wrong, I go as close as I dare to the edges, or is there something in the water in this neck of the woods ?:green:

Usually 2-3 weeks, one client goes 3 weeks regularly.

It all depends on how they look after their nails as to how long they'll last Adele, don't go thinking it's something you're doing (or not doing).

I usually need mine doing after 10 days too so you're not alone :D

Most of my clients are two weeks; several are 3 week (and a couple of those should be two weeks, but they complain about not being able to afford getting rebalances every two weeks. :rolleyes:

My own nails sometimes last about two weeks, or maybe three, or sometimes just one, depending on how busy I am, or how well I was able to prep my own nails :D

i think it is all down to how hard they are on their nails, how well they look after them, how well the product suits them and mos importantly how quickly or slowly their nails grow!

I rebalance my own nails mainly WEEKLY due to the growth but all my clients are 2-21/2 weekly rebalances

hth

Generally every 2 weeks, I do have some clients that go every 3 weeks and a few who's nails grow soooooooo slowly that they only need a re-balance every 4 weeks!
Mine need doing also after about 10 days, which makes me mad!!:irked: lol!!

Glad its not just me, I was beginning to believe my Mum who said I was always difficult:lol:
Thanks guys

Most are every two weeks.....I have a few that go for 3 ....any more and it's really pushing it ......as they have more problems.....:irked:

my own nails.....I go about ever 3.....my nails grow really slow and never lift.........but if I'm going somewhere special I do a fill sooner.....:rolleyes:

Majority of my clients are every 2 weeks, few go 3. Its nothing you are doing wrong, I used to think the same. Depends on lifestyle, how they look after them, aftercare, health etc. xx

All my clients are 3-4 weekers.... I have one lady ho comes every sixth week (I try to get her here after 3 weeks but she´s insist that 6 weeks is fine. None of my clients come after 2 weeks.....:rolleyes:

I rebalance my own nails every 3 week.

I would say 90% of my clients go 2 weeks I do have a few who go 3 weeks.
I even had a girl who ended up at 5 weeks she had no white left and only a tiny amount of pink not a good look, she hasn't done that again:lol:
If I have nails on which sadly isn't very often I only go about 10 days or so I am not very good with mine most of the time I change them to something different.

most of my client are 2 weekers, you always get the few to like to stretch the maintenance time ...... doesn't always work as they have normally trashed them and then have to pay out more, so then will go back to the 2 week appointment.

a couple of client do go 3 weeks without any problems and I do have one who goes 4 (she's a wonder, less work then most of the 2 Weekers?)

I always tell my clients the re balance is about maintaining the nails BEFORE any problems arise, not to replace the ones they have trashed xx

Most of my clients go about two and a half weeks, a few religiously come in after exactly two, quite a few go 3, and I have 2 ladies who will go 4 because they can't afford to come in any more often haha but it is usually a false economy because I have to charge them more as it is more work:rolleyes: Why can they not see the light?

I can always see which clients have worn gloves and been using their oil too.

you just have to look at your pricing.
work out how much longer the appointment takes and how much extra product you use then apply it to your list. clients should understand that it is simply much more work the longer they leave in-between their appointments. as said before its false economy because they end up paying much more in the long run, replacements etc.
i charge exta for cutting the nails down every other appointent usually, if they are coming evey two weeks, the nails are filed and shaped (included in the price) but if they come in after 3 or 4 weeks a cut down is neceissary and i charge accordingly. does every one else do this?
i also do my own nails every two weeks:)

Mainly 2 but a fair few go 2 1/2 to 3 weeks without problems....I charge more for a 3 week rebalance than a 2.....although I charge the same for a 2 1/2 as a 2 lol!!! I have about 35 or so regular nail enhancement clients to put some perspective on my answer.

Thanks for you r help team - I thought I was going mad.
OK don't say a word.:lol:

I'm the same as everybody else, the majority of my client are 2 weeks, some at 3 weeks & the odd one that tries to go longer. My own nails tend to go longer, anywhere upto 5-6 weeks, or whenever I can be bothered.

i charge exta for cutting the nails down every other appointent usually, if they are coming evey two weeks, the nails are filed and shaped (included in the price) but if they come in after 3 or 4 weeks a cut down is neceissary and i charge accordingly. does every one else do this?
:)

I don't do that, but I do charge more the longer they go between appointments.

Generaly 4 weeks.I have a few that want to come every 3 weeks.They end up being pushed by 4 week clients and sometimes they go 4 weeks without even realizing it lol.

mine mostly come back every 2 weeks.
i have maintenance prices for 2, 3 & 4 weeks as there is more work to do after each week that passes, my clients know and understand all of this!

xx

I just automatically say
"Well shall we rebook you 2 weeks from today?" :)

So far no refusals!!:green:

Latest posts

Back