Re-balance??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Now i either blinked at college when we supposedly did this or we didn't cover it much:confused:

Does anyone have any advice on doing a re-balance??

I've looked to see if the is a tutorial but i can't seem to find one.

I've sort of taught my self (rightly or wrongly), but it seems to take me ages to get the product thined down at the cuticle edge so that you can't see the line and even then i can see it when i apply the new product over the top.

The nails end up looking a bit thick to me.

Em.xx

PS i only seem to struggle with L&P and gel, fibreglass seems to be fine.

Search 'chasing the line' to read how to do rebalances that look like brand new full sets every time.

You should not have to thin the cuticle area during a rebalance other than to tidy up the area, as it should already be so thin you cannot tell where it joins the new growth of the narural nail.

This thicknes you are seeing is why you are getting lifting and a line in the first place. Trying to thin it down is causing more product to come loose from the plate. Never file on top of lifted product. The reason you are not seeing this problem with wraps is that you are applying the resin thinner than your L/P or gel.

The answer is to use less product and to apply thinner at the cuticle area. If you can do this, your problems will disappear.

geeg said:
Search 'chasing the line' to read how to do rebalances that look like brand new full sets every time.

You should not have to thin the cuticle area during a rebalance other than to tidy up the area, as it should already be so thin you cannot tell where it joins the new growth of the narural nail. This thicknes you are seeing is why you are getting lifting and a line in the first place. Trying to thin it down is causing more product to come loos from the plate. Never file on top of lifted product. The reason you are not seeing this problem with wraps is that you are applying the resin thinner than your L/P or gel.

The answer is to use less product and to apply thinner at the cuticle area. If you can do this, your peoblems will disappear.
Cheers Geeg, i knew there was a reason why, just couldn't put my finger on it.

I thought i was applying it thin enough in zone 3, but maybe not, i'll double check in future.

Em.xx

Latest posts

Back