Re-balances? New set of Nails? Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiegirl

Reaction score
Hi
This is a really bizarre question and lots of you will probably laugh but I am going to ask it anyhow. As a newbie to this game I cannot understand how my teacher has said that once a set of nails has been put on (apart from French White Tips) you NEVER have to apply another set of nails again and it is just re-balance, re-balance, re-balance?
How can this be? I dont understand.
If the nail is growing, obviously re-balances have to be done but the tip will get shorter each time the nail is trimmed at the re-balance. I feel I must be missing something or I am completely stupid. Surely they have to be re-placed at least every 3 to 4 months?

Hi
This is a really bizarre question and lots of you will probably laugh but I am going to ask it anyhow. As a newbie to this game I cannot understand how my teacher has said that once a set of nails has been put on (apart from French White Tips) you NEVER have to apply another set of nails again and it is just re-balance, re-balance, re-balance?
How can this be? I dont understand.
If the nail is growing, obviously re-balances have to be done but the tip will get shorter each time the nail is trimmed at the re-balance. I feel I must be missing something or I am completely stupid. Surely they have to be re-placed at least every 3 to 4 months?

You're not stupid, this is perfectly good question! As the natural nail grows you rebalance every 2/3 weeks and eventually you are laying the product over natural nail rather than the tip......The tip 'grows' off the nail. The only difference is if you look behind the nail where you see nail rather than tip. Does that make sense?

hth's

vettys right....it ends up becoming a NNO (natural nail overlay)

Latest posts

Back