Re-colouring after Nxt colour remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkylisa28

Reaction score
Hi
I’m looking for some advice please, I’ve never used colour remover before so this is all new to me.
After reading the instructions and all the help on here I’ve applied the nxt colour remover which has removed to a very warm gingery leave 8 so I’m contemplating whether I need to reapply or whether that level of removal is enough?
Also on the instructions it states for re colouring use one shade lighter than target and mix with 6%? Do you all mix with 6%? I was always taught when no lift was required then use 3%
I use affinage infinity range and usually use a mix of 6.036, 6.0 and 7.0 when I’m going from blonde to brown but thought I’d try a darker shade for a change but it was awful on hence then need to colour remove.
My target shade is still a level 6/7 would you advise I use a mix of 7.036 and 7.0 instead of 6.036 and 6.0 also would you mix with the 6% even though I’m going darker or stick with the 3% or even the converter to create a semi until my hair settles down or should I use a lighter shade again?
Also do you think the 7.036 with put to much warmth with me having such a warm base so a stick with the regular shades?
Sorry for so many questions I’m new here and just thankful I’ve made the disaster on myself
Thanks in advance xx

Assuming it’s a colour reducer rather than a bleach based remover, you’re meant to choose an oxidising colour that’s 2 levels lighter than your target shade afterwards. This is because no matter how much you try, there will still be some colour molecules left in the hair shaft that will re-oxidise and grow back dark.

If it’s a bit too light for you after re-colouring, you could re-colour again or I’d probably use a semi to deepen it slightly.

Thank you for you reply, yes it’s a colour reducer. Would you advise 6% or still use 3?

If you’re not sure, might be worth testing a section with 3% to see if it’s enough. No point using a higher strength peroxide when it’s not needed.

Assuming it’s a colour reducer rather than a bleach based remover, you’re meant to choose an oxidising colour that’s 2 levels lighter than your target shade afterwards. This is because no matter how much you try, there will still be some colour molecules left in the hair shaft that will re-oxidise and grow back dark.
I used NXT colour removal on a home dye 5.66 didn’t do nothing?

I have african american hair and want to dye but am not sure which products are most suitable...
p/s: have done some google search, and it seems that natural dye is my best choice (thevenusface advice)

I have african american hair and want to dye but am not sure which products are most suitable...
p/s: have done some google search, and it seems that natural dye is my best choice (thevenusface advice)
The only thing I will say about natural dyes is that when you want to change your colour i.e go lighter it can be a nightmare as you're then battling with metallic salts.

Latest posts

Back