Re cut charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhgiorgi

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I had a client in about 4 weeks ago and after her consultation she decided she liked it a bit longer since it growing in lockdown. So I tidied it up and she seemed pleased. Anyway about two weeks later she called to say she can’t manage it and wants it cut like pre lockdown. So I have her booked in on Thursday.
my problem is do I charge her anything. Technically the haircut is not wrong she has just decided it’s not right for her and doesn’t want it longer after all.

Yes of course you charge her full price. Why are you doubting yourself? Do you think your client is expecting a free haircut?

You did a proper consultation where you listened to your client and did exactly what she asked for. She’s lived with it for 4 weeks and has now decided that she wants to try something else. Great.

Imagine if you went to a restaurant and ordered the fish and enjoyed it and then returned the next night telling the waiter... “last night my partner had the chicken and when I tasted it, I wished I’d ordered that instead, so I’ve returned today and I’d like to order the chicken.”

Would you expect the restaurant to give you a free meal?

This isn’t really any different. Will it be nearer 5 weeks when you see her anyway?

You’ve got this!

This same question has been posed by Red Star a couple of weeks ago. The consensus on that thread was to charge. If it doesn’t take you as long as normal, you can always discount, but don’t give your time away for free because she changed her mind.

Having said that, I have experienced brides returning to me because they don’t like the colour on their toes. It takes me 10 minutes whilst I do other things so I don’t charge. I am always astonished at the lack of a tip though.

As said above was mentioned a couple of weeks ago and I had a situation exactly the same as yourself and was dreading her not wanting to pay but there was no argument when coming to pay so I was worrying for nothing, (most) clients don’t expect something for nothing these days , I’ve had 2 more today keep it longer , fully expecting one of them to ring by the end of the week 😩🤣

Just to update
I did the re-do - which wasn’t technically a re-do - just a change of mind!
At the till I bottled it and just charged for the Blowdry as the whole time I was doing it she ‘gushed’ about how grateful she was for me squeezing her in......
I didn’t ‘squeeze’ her in - it was a full appointment slot! 🤨
Don’t be a silly fool like me - charge her

Well it’s a learning curve. If you need to take baby steps don’t beat yourself up.

Latest posts

Back