Re-desgined website, any mistakes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
Hi all!

Can you please just take a quick nosy over my website please, I spent 9 hours completely redesigning from scratch (had square eyes at the end)! and back ache!

Any advice muchly appreciated and please let me know if you see any errors, thank you so much!

www.thelunabeautyroom.co.uk

x x

Hi all!

Can you please just take a quick nosy over my website please, I spent 9 hours completely redesigning from scratch (had square eyes at the end)! and back ache!

Any advice muchly appreciated and please let me know if you see any errors, thank you so much!

www.thelunabeautyroom.co.uk

x x

I love it! Is it free or was it designed for you?

Thank you! FREE!

Donw using Web Eden, same templates as Moonfruit.

As I had already set up using a 'blank' template though I had to literally redesign it from scratch. When doing it I wished I hadn't started! But think it looks much better now. :biggrin:

Just a bit worried I may have the odd spelling mistake etc

Hi, it looks nice! Just one thing I noticed - on the offers page on the right hand side the writing is in white and I cant really see it against the very light pink background hth.:biggrin:

Looks good I like it, well done.

Just had a quick peek and personally I feel if you are working independently then you should refer to yourself and 'I' and 'my' instead of 'Jemma' and 'her'. It gives the website a more friendly and personal feel.
x

Just had a quick peek and personally I feel if you are working independently then you should refer to yourself and 'I' and 'my' instead of 'Jemma' and 'her'. It gives the website a more friendly and personal feel.
x

Ooh you mean the bit on the info page? It used to be in 3rd person, but then wrote the homepage from 'me', forgot all about the bit on the info page, thanks for spotting!

Hi, it looks nice! Just one thing I noticed - on the offers page on the right hand side the writing is in white and I cant really see it against the very light pink background hth.:biggrin:

Thank you! Will change it tomorrow x

Hey...website looks fab but just a few little niggles for me and hope you can take this as constructive as I found comments on here for my website really helpful...

Ok...the font is comic sans... needs to be a more standard font as comic sans is generally regarded as not the most professional.

Also, on your page about payments etc it comes across as a little 'negative' with words capitalised (regarded as shouting) and there seems to be an emphasis made three times about no shows and charges for cancellations etc which makes me think instantly you have had a lot of issues with this?

I would maybe try to rephrase it to make it a little less negative such as 'because our treatments are so fabulous we would hate for people to miss out, so if you can't make your appointment or are running a little late, give us a call so we can make sure someone else can book in... ' etc

Also, 'cash payments' only seems a bit dodgy even tho its not but it may put people off.. maybe instead of saying we only take cash, say we currently accept cash and paypal...just a slight rephrase x

But overall brilliant especially as you did it yourself so you should be proud!

Ok, i have had a thorough read through haha. Here's what i could find.

On your welcome page you have written the words "a range" twice. You have also written "please please" at the bottom, but i think just once would sound better.

I agree that the cancellation policy looks quite harsh compared with the rest of your text, so i'd just match it to the other colours.

On your info page when you talk about your qualifications, you'll want to change the text to the first person.

I'm being a bit picky here haha, but on your news page you say "don't worry there will be another hugely discounted offer soon". You might want to change it to a spectacular offer or something similar as "hugely discounted" can sound as though you are usually overpriced.

On your thai mani page you spelt exotic wrong "exotix"

On the file and polish, change "you" to "your".

On your callus peel, the plural is "calluses" which is on the first line

You also have a link at the bottom of your link page that doesn't show up, but when you click it, it takes you to a pole dancing accessories page. You might want to see if you can make the link show up.

Congratulations! Your site looks amazing, very pretty and you hardly made any mistakes. After 9 hours i would've gone cross-eyed xxx

Thank you peeps! I think I just about got them all. It's the little things like 'exotix' and you instead of your that bug me the most - I blame the keypad!

Have changed some colours and wording and 1st/3rd person bits slightly, hope it's better.

One day when money allows I will be treating myself to a designer to do it (the husband of a lady at work designs sites so will get a little discount too yey!)

Thanks again! x

Latest posts

Back