re: green nail???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisondenn

Reaction score
a regular client of mine has bio sculpture overlays. On her last visit i soaked off and applied a new set. On her thumb nail she had a brown stain mark, i carefully buffed nail and applied sanitiser as normal but still left a slight stain, anyway i thought this could not be a bacterial infection so i applied gel and rebooked to see her in three weeks. I am now wondering could this have been a green nail changed to brown. what do you think this could be? a bruise maybe. Has this happened to anyone else, advice would be greatly appreciated?

alisondenn said:
a regular client of mine has bio sculpture overlays. On her last visit i soaked off and applied a new set. On her thumb nail she had a brown stain mark, i carefully buffed nail and applied sanitiser as normal but still left a slight stain, anyway i thought this could not be a bacterial infection so i applied gel and rebooked to see her in three weeks. I am now wondering could this have been a green nail changed to brown. what do you think this could be? a bruise maybe. Has this happened to anyone else, advice would be greatly appreciated?
The stain probably was the result of a bacterial infection which can go from green to brown.

As lñong as you removed the enhancement and sanitised well, your reapplication will be alright. The stain is only the result of the infection ... it will have to grow out. Read Geek tutorial for further explanation.

If this is a bacterial infection ( look Geeg - no mention of water mould!! lol) then I was taught not to reapply any product and leave it for a couple of weeks before reapplying, I have seen it as a brown mark rather than green. When dealing with this sort of thing you must throw away the file you have used so you don't run the risk of passing the infection to yourself or your other clients - as always fully sanitise everything else.

Oh no you beat me to it Gigi!! Okay am I wrong? Can you really reapply straight away?
geeg said:
The stain probably was the result of a bacterial infection which can go from green to brown.

As lñong as you removed the enhancement and sanitised well, your reapplication will be alright. The stain is only the result of the infection ... it will have to grow out. Read Geek tutorial for further explanation.

Yes, you can really re-apply straight away.;)

Got to get your head around the fact that once the air has gotten to the site of the bacteria, they cannot thrive. The stain will remain until it has grown out though sometimes it does fade a little. The stain is only the result of the infection at this point ,and does not mean that the area is still infected.

Once sanitised and dry you can apply right away. Everything else you said is spot on.

Thanks Gigi, isn't it amazing how you go on courses to enhance your knowledge (as well as enhance your enhancements lol!) and yet there seems to be so many discrepancies about what is fact. It's just mind-blowing and confusing, you think you are doing the right thing, and it turns out it's not. That's why I love this site, I have learnt so much, and know that if I say something wrong that I won't get my head bitten off and made to feel embarrassed, I just learn, learn, learn!! Thanks peeps!

sarah haslam said:
Thanks Gigi, isn't it amazing how you go on courses to enhance your knowledge (as well as enhance your enhancements lol!) and yet there seems to be so many discrepancies about what is fact. It's just mind-blowing and confusing, you think you are doing the right thing, and it turns out it's not. That's why I love this site, I have learnt so much, and know that if I say something wrong that I won't get my head bitten off and made to feel embarrassed, I just learn, learn, learn!! Thanks peeps!
There maybe some who would disagree with you there love!!:biggrin: Some people seem to be very touchy with me!! :eek: Never mind, I speak straight and that is me just straight, never meaning to be offensive but peeps differ and some are very sensitive.

WE have all had the same experiences along the way ... learned that some of what we learned was in fact incorrect. Thank God for Doug Schoon and our resident podiatrists etc. We have the experts to hand if we don't know the answers. Even the Milady book taught about mould for years until they finally changed it .... no wonder people get confused!

geeg said:
There maybe some who would disagree with you there love!!:biggrin: Some people seem to be very touchy with me!! :eek: Never mind, I speak straight and that is me just straight, never meaning to be offensive but peeps differ and some are very sensitive.

WE have all had the same experiences along the way ... learned that some of what we learned was in fact incorrect. Thank God for Doug Schoon and our resident podiatrists etc. We have the experts to hand if we don't know the answers. Even the Milady book taught about mould for years until they finally changed it .... no wonder people get confused!

That's one of the things I admire with you Geeg you have so much knowledge and you are prepared to share I for one would rather you got straight to the point you are my mentor and a very dear friend and I would not be where I am today without your encouragement and knowledge (thank you) love ya.

Dawnie xxxxx

Latest posts

Back