re: hollywood eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisondenn

Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend a eyelash conditionner as i find the lash extensions after a while dry out and become crusty, thought maybe could apply moisturiser/vaseline/dermalogica barrier repair - anyone tried this? I found when they are dry like this i fiddle with them. Any suggestions anyone

dont use vaseline. i have a client who has done that and now they are yellow and crusty at the base of the lash, looks really nasty. shes having to have a new full set. a normal moisturiser might help...

Hi i do hollywood lashes and have done them for 2 yrs i've not had a problem with anyones drying out. I def wouldn't recommend vaseline it's got oils in and will break down the glue you need to stay away from oils altogether. How long have they been on? i do find that if they are really good at keeping them on that over time the glue does build up on the older lashes and i recommend they have a new set on.

I think Hollywood Lashes have their own product to help prevent drying out

It's called Lash Coating Sealer

I'm sure I was trained to retail it to clients or include it in the price of the treatment

I think Hollywood Lashes have their own product to help prevent drying out

It's called Lash Coating Sealer

I'm sure I was trained to retail it to clients or include it in the price of the treatment

Hi thanx for that i do have the lash coating sealer, thought you only had to apply the once at end of treatment.

But have been using a thicker lash from another company with hollywood glue - maybe its that - have stopped doing that now. How often do you apply the sealer then?

I thought the sealer was for every day use, a bit like with hair extensions :)

Hi the coating sealer is like a protective coat i have never used this as i feel it clogs the lashes and again your putting extra pressure on the extensions when you remove it. Yes you can retail it but like i say i don't use it so don't retail it. You can retail the mascara but again i've found clients put far too much on even when you tell them just to put it on the ends and when you come to take it off you can't get it off without pulling the extensions out.
I do use the thicker lashes but they are Hollywoods and again i have no problems so it's nothing to do with the lashes. Are you putting too much glue on and are you using Lash Bond glue?

HI
Have you tried the long life sealer that may help??Have had a few people where there lashes have dried out and the reason for it was they were using sunbeds !!Dont know if you use them?
cathie

Hi the coating sealer is like a protective coat i have never used this as i feel it clogs the lashes and again your putting extra pressure on the extensions when you remove it. Yes you can retail it but like i say i don't use it so don't retail it. You can retail the mascara but again i've found clients put far too much on even when you tell them just to put it on the ends and when you come to take it off you can't get it off without pulling the extensions out.
I do use the thicker lashes but they are Hollywoods and again i have no problems so it's nothing to do with the lashes. Are you putting too much glue on and are you using Lash Bond glue?

Hi thanx for you reply - i have been using ilash thicker lashes with hollywood glue, i think its that, i think ilash have a different coating on them and maybe dry out quicker.
Now i am just sticking to hollywood lashes and glue and applying sealer daily and they seem so much better - silky and not crusty.

Latest posts

Back