RE: More Than White

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol at CottageNails

Reaction score
:confused: After spending some time on Monday Evening at the Creative monday mentoring, to which I thoroughly enjoy. This demo was about French Tips (applying) French manicure etc. Also demonstrated was the product More Than White, which we were shown how to use the product for a french and also using the product to do a smile line on a tip and then coating with clear acrylic which I thought wow this is fantastic. As I was there with a collegue, we decided to put this to practise. I had a brand new set of beautiful nail enhancements, brilliant white (with more than white) to find within minutes the white had yellowed and l ooked awful. I have spoken to a person at Creative today who has suggested that its contanimation and is caused probably by the brush which has not been cleaned properly. I decided to do a couple of tips myself and try it out again, clean container, clean brush, as always :) and ye you have guessed it yellowing re-occured, surely this cannot happen to us both. Has anyone else out there tried this product like this, and what results have you got. It has left me very deflated. PLEASE HELP.

Cheers
Carol (The Cottage)

Hmmmmmmmmmm
ok try this, get some white L&P do a tip and then coat the tip with the clear...........
Does it still yellow.......?????.......
Dip you brush in monomer up to the ferrul,for a count of 5, and wipe it on a clean white tissue, does it leave a yellow line, no matter how faint?????

If it's a yes then your L&P brush is contaminated....or even your liquid maybe???............have you accidently cleaned your brush in the monomer bottle, that you use for enhancements??? Accidents do happen.........
Also.............
When applying clear Acrylic over the MTW make sure the more than white is absolutly dry...............
I only ever had yellowing like this on contamination.....
But maybe Geeg can shed some more light on this??????????

Thankyou ruth for your prompt reply which I am grateful. I have done a tip as you advised and no there is no yellowing, and no yellowing on the tissue from the brush,where am I going wrong? Sori to be a pain. :rolleyes:

Then I am stumped lol.............
Geeg Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot offer any advice, but I have used this product with all types of enhancement and found no problems.

:| No problems ella, but thanks anyway for all your replies on the site, Maybe a fresh start in the morning after a nights sleep will brighten things up. Cheers gals.

Carol (The Cottage)

Well I am stumped at the moment too as I always use More Than White now for French Rebalances using all 3 systems: L&P. wraps and Gel. Never had the yellowing thing.

I will have to think about this one.

My best guess would be that the MTW whas still not set enough. If this is the case, there will be far too many solvents still in the MTW that could contaminate the L&P.

hi
i ordered two bottles of mtw a couple of months ago and have found it great with the fabric system but as soon as i overlay with clear acrylic ...mine too yellows ..it happens pretty quickly ...before your very eyes:sad: .i have no problem with contamination as i use the same brush for most of my acrylic enhancements ...unless my client has very small nail plates ...then i change to a smaller brush .i let the mtw dry for at least 5 minutes ...thought i had a bad bottle so tried the other ...the same happened ...so thought it just didn't like l:confused: &p
debbie
ps .
it is fine with gel too !!

Well I use it all the time under clear acrylic and it has never happened to me. The nails are not yellowed even after 3 weeks.
So there is something fishy going on.
My advise is of course that if it is happening to you under acrylic L&P then don't use it for that and stick to the other treatments where you know it works for you.

I have used MTW under clear L&P have had no problems with it but i do make sure that it is very thin and completly dry before putting the clear on

crazy'n'creative said:
I have used MTW under clear L&P have had no problems with it but i do make sure that it is very thin and completly dry before putting the clear on
I use it all the time and never had yellowing either...........
But like Caroline I make sure it is dry before I apply L&P, Gel or Fabric#........
Boy this is strange then !!!!!!!

Hi
If I am not creative trained would I still be able to buy MTW and how would I use it with Gel

Thanks

Jill :rolleyes:

Yes you can purchase MTW from a One Stop Nail shop without being Creative trained, but, you will still have to show a certificate that you have been trained by someone to be able to purchase anything from a 1 stop nail shop.

How to use with gel? This is a rough guide.

Apply bonder layer of gel and cure. Wipe off dispersion layer and
Smooth zone one. Apply one or 2 thin coats of MOre Than White allowing each coat to dry for 2 minutes. Detail the smile line to make it perfect using Nail Fresh.

Apply builder layer of gel and cure.

Finsh and apply last thin layer of gel and cure.

Hi...
Can i ask a duh! question?
Why would you put mtw under clear acrylic? Are there any advantages or disadvantages?
Just call me 'nice but dim'!

denisejacqueline said:
Hi...
Can i ask a duh! question?
Why would you put mtw under clear acrylic? Are there any advantages or disadvantages?
Just call me 'nice but dim'!
Well it is another option of doing a forever french look, and it is very fast as you are painting the white on rather then using the bead method......
It's fast and effective................

i used to use MTW but I had the same problem with yellowing. Even on the first time of opening it as well as a new brush. So... I ended up changing to a different line of products.

I tend to use MTW for infills, its so quick and easy. I can't say i've had any problems with it yellowing though!

parkyojin said:
i used to use MTW but I had the same problem with yellowing. Even on the first time of opening it as well as a new brush. So... I ended up changing to a different line of products.

Thankyou so much for that information, alas its not just me,Cold you tell me which line of product you changed too. Carol.

Hi...

Another duh question but...

Jinxx said:
I tend to use MTW for infills, its so quick and easy. I can't say i've had any problems with it yellowing though!

How do you use mtw for infills? or do you mean rebalancing?

Sorry to sound dim but i don't know much about mtw and would like to learn different ways to us it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back