Re pigmentation! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEESQUEEZER

Reaction score
Hi I am new to here and I have a question which I HOPE can be answered by some wonderful person out there!!
I have a client who has bleached hair all over at about a level 11. She is a base of 6, (not that is is visible at present!)
She would like to go darker with foils with Jen Anistons present look. I use Rusk colours and wanted to know if I could do this in one sitting with a full head of foils? I was looking at a beige dark blonde at a 7 base, a chocolate blonde of a 7 base and a light brown ish at a 6 base. I know that I have to allow for some fade but what would I use and how? I would be SO grateful for any help.

Thankyou so much in advance:hug:

anythin ash is gonna go mingin, ur chocolate will not be as warm as u want and the beige will prob go a bit greige. i would defo be pre pigging here

Do u want to keep some of the present colour? If not then pre pig the whole lot, use foils for two of your colours then use the third in-between the foils, it will fade but just make sure she is using good products at home

Pre pig with orange rather than red for that level :)

Thanks so much for the replies, I really appreciate it! I was actually thinking that, pre pigging the whole lot to a base 7 ish then doing foils in the colours that I need to use. What colours and mix ratio would I use to colour all to a chocolate blonde? I was thinking of doinmg all in a 7.8 ch? Thanks in advance xxx

6886! Thanks for that, is this on wet hair? then I can do foils once dry? what %peroxide would I use?xxxxxxxxx

sorry wait, do u intend to colour it all its most prevelent colour and then do foils after this? it wont be very multitonal doin it that way, cos tint wont shift tint. if it were me i wud pre pig all hair, then once dry do my all over colour and foils at the same sitting to get the benefit of all the tones ur about to add x

sorry wait, do u intend to colour it all its most prevelent colour and then do foils after this? it wont be very multitonal doin it that way, cos tint wont shift tint. if it were me i wud pre pig all hair, then once dry do my all over colour and foils at the same sitting to get the benefit of all the tones ur about to add x

Yep, that's what I would do too...you want to process the hair as little as poss as she already has bleach :) if you colour it all one base colour then try to put colour through with foils it won't work unless u start to pre lighten again, and her hair prob won't take that

Plus normally when u pre pig it is best to go a shade below the target shade, plus the tone that u will need so if your target shade is 7 then pre pig with an copper 8 .... That's what I think anyway, I'm no colouring expert tho tbh :)

when i pre pig with tigi it is the correct tone mixtone mixed with warm water, developed for 15 mins then blotted off till near dry, then target shade applied directly on top,

Ok, so my question is the same as the original one re low lighting bleached hair.
Can I re pig as I go with the foils? (if so how?) and if not, could I do an all over colour re pig down to a level 6 with 15ml of 7.3g plus 15ml 7.43gc & 45 ml developer 10 vol. Rinse off and deposit different shades of blondes then with foils? So sorry to be a pain in the bumhole! xxx:Love:

emmm im confused with what u mean, when i repig i dont put on a colour i put on a tone, a basless tone. puttin on sumthing with base will sccrew ur foils up. . u need to put in your tone before you put on any base. once again like i said, i wud reTONE all hair, then once that was done go in with foils and all over base

Latest posts

Back