RE: Solar Manicure V Wax Bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol at CottageNails

Reaction score
Hi There Geeks, I have just invested in the new Solar Manicure Kit, posted out my postcards to clients etc, and had a lot of interest and bookings for a Solar Manicure. I normally use Creative Spa Manicure, but thought I would introduce an alternative. I did my first Solar Manicure on Friday and I had allready decided as an extra treat for my clients I would icorporate a wax dip also like I do with the spa manicure. I was shocked when I asked my client to have a dip in the warm wax to find the wax didnt adhere to the hands like it does with spa manicure. Could this be due to the fact that this product is more oily than the other (or is that a obvious assumption). If so how do I remove the exfoliating product, as I have a log cabin which I work from in my garden, I dont have a sink to wash the product off, and water wouldnt mix well with the oil. Can anybody else throw some light on this matter. I would be very grateful. Yet Again.

Cheers Geekies
Carol at CottageNails.

PS> Thankyou all very much for all your replies with regards to my last thread (More Than White) I am still working at his yellwig problem.

Thanks Geeg I have printed off details (official Guidlines for MTW Liquid Acrylic) fingers croosed. Thankyou. :) :) :)

I would assume the same carol, that the product is more oily and rejecting the wax.
As for the exfoliator though, I put warm damp towels in a coolbag before my clients arrive to use for taking off the exfoliator. I find it works a treat. I used to have a slowcooker nearby with towels in but I kept getting hotspots and I don`t do too many Solar manicures anyway

hi carol at cottage nails well i work from converted garage and i didnt really want the hassle of washing off the
exfoliator i too use the spa manicure too so i tried it on myself and the spa crystal activator works well with the solar crystals check back posts i asked if this was ok and no horrid side effects mrs geek replied that it was fine.

i now use the activator for both manicures
good luck

Debs said:
I would assume the same carol, that the product is more oily and rejecting the wax.
As for the exfoliator though, I put warm damp towels in a coolbag before my clients arrive to use for taking off the exfoliator. I find it works a treat. I used to have a slowcooker nearby with towels in but I kept getting hotspots and I don`t do too many Solar manicures anyway
:)

Thanks ever so much for the reply debs I will try the warm damp towels, I dont think I have room for a slow cooker, cheers. :)

Carol at CottageNails.

Thehandsanctuary said:
hi carol at cottage nails well i work from converted garage and i didnt really want the hassle of washing off the
exfoliator i too use the spa manicure too so i tried it on myself and the spa crystal activator works well with the solar crystals check back posts i asked if this was ok and no horrid side effects mrs geek replied that it was fine.

i now use the activator for both manicures
good luck

:cool: Thanks for the tip jenni, I never thought of using them together, but will give it a go on myself, the Solar Manicure is proving very popular and I want it to be just perfec.

Thanks a million
Carol at CottageNails. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back