Re-testing for eyebrow & lash tints?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Are any of you asking regular clients who have been having regular lash and eyebrow tints to have another tint test? I hear some therapists are because a few months have passed. It will be 4 months since my clients had their last tint.

I’ve been wondering about this too, The problem for me is the extra visits I’ll need to book in for patch tests. Because clients won’t all know whether they’ve had Covid19 and we’re still learning about how it affects people afterwards I think the safest thing is to retest.

I don’t think I can Justify not testing on the grounds that it was too inconvenient

I would definitely test after this long as its not worth them reacting my friend who is a therapist had been doing her own tinting for years on her eyebrows using the exact same products and she reacted very badly and nearly lost her eyebrows. I think for your insurance it would be best and it doesn't take long .

This is scary stuff, definitely think as therapists we should be patch testing for those who have had confirmed or suspected Covid

Are any of you asking regular clients who have been having regular lash and eyebrow tints to have another tint test? I hear some therapists are because a few months have passed. It will be 4 months since my clients had their last tint.

If you are with Salon Gold their insurance covers you for 5 months after their patch test or last treatment. So if you really wanted not to, anyone seen after 23rd Feb before lockdown on 16th March for a tint service is still covered as long as you have records of them having it done.

Personally I would use this as an intro to get clients used to the new ways. A short service for anxious clients and for any that are difficult or don’t like following rules is there for you to decide if you trust them to come back without exposing yourself to their face.

And of course, remembering that reactions can happen at any time and are often affected by illness I’d want to be 100% as they may have been asymptomatic and susceptible to reactions. We aren’t doctors so we need to careful and protect ourself and our businesses, then the safety of the client.

This is scary stuff, definitely think as therapists we should be patch testing for those who have had confirmed or suspected Covid

Only just watched this. Have added all the info onto my Instagram in the hope others will see it and share

I had no idea about this was happening.
Im glad I saw this post. Wont be offering anything with dye for the time being.

Latest posts

Back