Re - Yellow Pages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlierush1983

Reaction score
Hello All

Does anyone advertise in the yellow pages and do you find you get a lot of business through it.

Hugs. x

i advertise in the yellow pages and find alot of new clients say that is where they got my number from, have advertised with them for the last 6 years
hth

I started advertising in the YP last year and must say I was pleased with the response, when they called me at the end of the year to upgrade , I was a bit..mmm..well I got a new ad with my website on and have had a lot of response. Not only from clients, but from people opening new salons, asking if I wanted to work from there and also people asking for me to do pamper parties. So have been quite impressed IMA.:)

I am also in the yellow pages and so far it seems my own advertising is bringing in more clients than the yellowpages. But I've only been in there for about 3 months so I won't say it's not worth it. Not yet. Give me another 9 months and I'll let you know, lol.

I advertised in YP a few years ago and was very disappointed i did not get one call from it at all.

hths x

When I first started as a mobile I advertised with YP. Took a fancy (and expensive - very niave!) ad and got a good response. I was under 'Nail tech' class though not the Salon. I now have my own salon and this year downgraded to a free line! Unless you can afford half a page there is no way to compete (imo) and I took up yell.com which for me has brought in more business. The best form of advertising for me is still word of mouth....and a darn sight cheaper...

Love Scooby x

I am in the yellow pages under Nail Enhancements in my local community book (not the state wide YP - don't need to advertise to people who are miles away)...
I am surprised by the amount of people who find me through the book. For one year I had a good size add, didn't get so many calls, now I have a small add and I get more calls (go figure). I am happy with the service and find it a relatively affordable form of advertising :)

I'm not in the YP yet, but my husband is for his line of work (Block Paving). He's had phone calls but no work and it costs a fortune, the first place I look if I need anything is our Dentons Directory (not sure if you have those in your area).

Hello All

Does anyone advertise in the yellow pages and do you find you get a lot of business through it.

Hugs. x

Personally - through the 5 marketing positions I have held - very little. Always found Yell.com to have a greater response rate.

Latest posts

Back