Reaction after Brazilian

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm hoping you can help me!!

I have a client who is quite fair and every time she has a Brazilian a couple of weeks later she has a nasty reaction I would say it's Folliculitis, she said it's like acne.

Does anyone know how we can prevent this as she doesn't want to give up her Brazilian, I am a little confused as this has never happened with any other client and if it was to happen I would have thought it would of happened a lot sooner than 2 weeks and so maybe a antihistamine would have worked.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated! xx

Hi Caralouise,

If the clients follows your aftercare and good hygiene it can often be avoided. If they apply antiseptic cream or use an antibacterial or tea tree skin wash this can often help to prevent and also help to heal the pimples.

If its not clearing up and if its painful she may need to see her GP.

Jack

Hi Caralouise,

If the clients follows your aftercare and good hygiene it can often be avoided. If they apply antiseptic cream or use an antibacterial or tea tree skin wash this can often help to prevent and also help to heal the pimples.

If its not clearing up and if its painful she may need to see her GP.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

It seems to have a process it goes through - no problem after waxing for two weeks, then the spots similar to acne then after a week or so they begin to go.

I've told her to exfoliate, take antihistamine, use antibacterial washes, it seems to me that when the hair starts to grow back this is when the problem occurs - very strange!! :confused:

What kind and brand of wax are you using and do you always ensure you remove with direction of growth in this area?

What kind and brand of wax are you using and do you always ensure you remove with direction of growth in this area?

I use Perron Rigot and always cleanse first, I apply in the direction of the hair growth and remove against, this was how I was taught even for this area, are you doing the opposite?

I don't think its anything I'm doing as it only happens to this one person.

I use Perron Rigot and always cleanse first, I apply in the direction of the hair growth and remove against, this was how I was taught even for this area, are you doing the opposite?

I don't think its anything I'm doing as it only happens to this one person.

I do the same as you but sometimes if the wax has been removed in large amounts in the wrong direction it can cause what you have described.

But as it's not that and only on this one client then as Jack (Malewaxer)has suggested the Doctor may be the next step.

Jacqui

Latest posts

Back