Reaction after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, my client has contacted me to say that under her eyebrows and a small area on the top lip have gone white and looks like a whole lump of puss, I have never heard of this before and now i don't really know what advice I can give apart from seek go advice. I am looking for some advice, I've been trained for 9 years and never had this happen. So any help would be appreciated, any ideas? Thank you.x

Hi, my client has contacted me to say that under her eyebrows and a small area on the top lip have gone white and looks like a whole lump of puss, I have never heard of this before and now i don't really know what advice I can give apart from seek go advice. I am looking for some advice, I've been trained for 9 years and never had this happen. So any help would be appreciated, any ideas? Thank you.x

*gp advice

Weirdly enough this happened to me a couple of weeks ago for the first time ever. My client came in on my day off so I never actually saw the reaction unfortunately, but it was described as pus filled lumps around her eyes.

During her consultation and on her card she said she'd never had a reaction and wasn't allergic to anything, which turned out to be wrong as she hasn't realised the importance of telling us these things! She'd had a reaction the last time in another salon and said she'd been convince she was burnt, but felt differently now it'd happened again with someone else.

So anyway, I advised her to see her GP who gave her some antibiotics and then it all went down after a few days.

If you've done a full consultation and got her to sign a card or form then don't worry too much, there's not much more you can do. Just don't wax her again! My client has now tried threading and is absolutely fine with that. Might be an option.

Good luck, I know how scary it is when they have a reaction!! Xxx

Th
Weirdly enough this happened to me a couple of weeks ago for the first time ever. My client came in on my day off so I never actually saw the reaction unfortunately, but it was described as pus filled lumps around her eyes.

During her consultation and on her card she said she'd never had a reaction and wasn't allergic to anything, which turned out to be wrong as she hasn't realised the importance of telling us these things! She'd had a reaction the last time in another salon and said she'd been convince she was burnt, but felt differently now it'd happened again with someone else.

So anyway, I advised her to see her GP who gave her some antibiotics and then it all went down after a few days.

If you've done a full consultation and got her to sign a card or form then don't worry too much, there's not much more you can do. Just don't wax her again! My client has now tried threading and is absolutely fine with that. Might be an option.

Good luck, I know how scary it is when they have a reaction!! Xxx

Thankyou, this sounds very similar, she had previously had a burn reaction from a different place, so I'm presuming this must be something to do with it. You've made me feel a bit better about it. Thanks again.x

Hi there. Did you ask to see a picture? Sometimes clients can get whiteheads after waxing. It's most probably a histamine reaction. What do you use for pre & post wax? Caroline xx

I asked if it was spots but she said it was a whole area like a lump.I did ask to see a photo and she didn't reply to me after that. At the moment I use salon system pre and after wax from the wholesalers. Do you think this could cause a reaction? Thanks for your advice.x

Interesting, I use salon system pre and post wax too. I provided my lady with an ingredient list in case she needed tests or anything, but haven't heard anything about this since. Will have to ask about that I think!

Trouble is we never really know whether female clients go straight out and put make up on........or maybe go on the sunbed.

Latest posts

Back