Reaction from lash lift and tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleone

Reaction score
Hi there, Im a Newbie so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.
I am training just now for beauty treatments and had my lvl lashes training the other day. The training was great and we tried the treatment on each other and it looked amazing i was so happy with my lashes! The day after, my eyes were really itchy and continued to get worse and I ended up at hospital as my eyes were so swollen.
I had a patch tests for all the products used before hand and there was no reaction at all. I'm on antibiotics and feel much better now but The reason I'm posting is now I have lost confidence in the treatment and I'm worried this will happen to one of my clients. It's an eyelash lift and tint and I hadn't had it done before. I'd feel awful if this happened to someone else. Any advice would be gratefully received. Xx

Was your patch test done before training or 48hrs prior ??

The lash lift is a strong product I have a bowl of water next to clients head when doing and make sure I ave good ventilation.

Thanks for our reply. Yes the patch tests was done last week so more than enough time for any reaction o show up. I'm wondering if this is common? Has anyone reacted to your lash lift/tint even though patch test was fine? Thanks x

I have reacted to the lash lift and tint too, not LVL, I'm using Salon Systems. I was fine for the first day and had a terrible reaction the following day where I couldn't open my eyes and they were so itchy and streaming. I had to lay with a cold flannel over my eyes all day (for about 3 days) and took allergy tablet each day.
I have loads booked in for the coming weeks and will make sure I patch test everyone, but I patched tested too and still reacted, after 24 hours of having it done:eek:

Thanks for your experience boop. It's strange isn't it?! I won't be having it done again, even though it looks fab the last 5 das were not worth it!! Lol. That's great you have so many booked in. I need to find some models. The thing Is it is rare so we were just unlucky? I really hope everyone we do the treatment in s more lucky than us.. X
Could you let me know how your other treatments go and f anyone else has a reaction please? Might make me feel more confident!! Xxxxthank you :hug:

Somebody help! I had lash lift/tint on Thursday had a big do Saturday night ...my big mistake on that day I was never asked to do a patch test even though I had asked if any side effects as I am very sentiment on my skin to lots things girl reassured me nothing so went ahead had it done omg by Saturday night the itch redness was unbearable not only were they not long they were just curled to look short and stubby even with mascara left my party early the itch and burn was unbearable hve been washing with cold water got antihistamine both orally and eye drops I hve swelling around eyes as well and they are sooo red I am going to gp today cannot stand the itch inside the skin of eyelashes it's unbearable can this solution be removed not sure if it's the perming solution or the tint any ideas scared I will damage eyes never go back to Essential beauty again care factor zero

Somebody help! I had lash lift/tint on Thursday had a big do Saturday night ...my big mistake on that day I was never asked to do a patch test even though I had asked if any side effects as I am very sentiment on my skin to lots things girl reassured me nothing so went ahead had it done omg by Saturday night the itch redness was unbearable not only were they not long they were just curled to look short and stubby even with mascara left my party early the itch and burn was unbearable hve been washing with cold water got antihistamine both orally and eye drops I hve swelling around eyes as well and they are sooo red I am going to gp today cannot stand the itch inside the skin of eyelashes it's unbearable can this solution be removed not sure if it's the perming solution or the tint any ideas scared I will damage eyes never go back to Essential beauty again care factor zero

So sorry you have suffered this but this is why it is perative to always ask for or always do a patch test!.....sensible to go to gp hope you get it sorted x

Last edited:

See your GP first to make sure there's no lasting damage and then seek legal advice.
I don't know how things work in Australia but if a therapist carried out similar treatment over in the UK without having done a patch test and the client suffered harm, they risk getting sued for negligence.

You can't mess about with strong chemicals near to the eyes without taking sensible precautions. They deserve a wake-up call.

I hope you feel better soon.

Latest posts

Back