Reaction on hands and fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toodles

Reaction score
I have a little bit of eczema on a couple of my fingers that flares up really badly when I am doing l&p. I think its from all the dust. Does anyone else suffer from this and does anyone know of a good barrier cream I could apply to stop the dust settling on my skin? Nightmare!!!!!:cry:

toodles said:
I have a little bit of eczema on a couple of my fingers that flares up really badly when I am doing l&p. I think its from all the dust. Does anyone else suffer from this and does anyone know of a good barrier cream I could apply to stop the dust settling on my skin? Nightmare!!!!!:cry:
I know its a total pain in the neck but have you seen if you can work in gloves? Is the reaction to the dust from the tip blending or the actual l&p? Maybe you could put the gloves on for part of the treatment only - a thought?

A friend of mine has the same problem so your not alone.She uses May's All perpose barrier cream and also wears cotton gloves. It works for her...!

Hope i helped

Vicky x

Hi

You should wear nitrile gloves check out a post i did quite a while back i got some good advice "poorly fingers" i think it was. My tech had a terrible reaction and i got her nitrile gloves and she has no problems now.

Thanks for the advice. Brilliant. I was thinking I might have to give it up and I've only just got started!!

I'm not sure if its just from the tip blending, the acrylic blending or both. I do some experiments.

Thanks again
Jeni
Happy camper!

I think youl find that most of it comes from the dust when you are filing. Try wearing them all through the treatment, make sure you use a barrier cream too.

Good luck !!

toodles said:
Thanks for the advice. Brilliant. I was thinking I might have to give it up and I've only just got started!!

I'm not sure if its just from the tip blending, the acrylic blending or both. I do some experiments.

Thanks again
Jeni
Happy camper!

PS. Vicky, where can I get May's all purpose barrier cream from?

Thanks - Jeni

Capital sale it hun. x

You could try damping your fles with some water or streile spray to reduce the amount of dust in the air.

Hope this will help your friend Jenny

I suffer eczma really bad on my hands sometimes to the point where i cannot work i use cotton gloves for filin blendin etc helps me too

toodles said:
sounds like contact dermatitis i get it with washing up liquid. gloves i think are best when working but also hemp cream from the body shop is brill.

Hi,

I have suffered from Eczema all my life, it's a right pain!

After a few weeks of starting college my skin on my hands flared up really bad and i didn't know wether it was the dust or what. But since doing nails at home iv'e had a couple of patches of really sore cracked skin on my hands iv'e realised its where my hand rest's on the tisssue where iv'e wiped my brush, so i don't think its the dust at all i put it down to the monomer because for the past few weeks iv'e been removing the tissue after wipeing my brush on it and the patches on my hands have neally dissapeared. :biggrin:

hth
mandy X

I agree with Mandy on this. I don't suffer with exczema, (oops spelled it wrong) but i used to get monomer on my fingers by not using my brush properly. The furrel of the brush tends to get wet, obviously, and i used to hold it too near the brush and get monomer on my fingers. I would then get really dry sore fingers through this, so it might not only be the dust could well be the monomer.

Hi there.

I think I've worked out, by all the replies, that it is the dust. I'm very good at making sure I'm not resting in liquid. Yes, I do end up with some on my fingers on my "brush" hand, but that is not where the flare-up is. I'm going to try using the gloves when filing and see if that works.

Thanks for all your replies - the fountain of ALL knowledge that you all are.

Jeni:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back