Reaction to bleaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicoleb94

Reaction score
Hi, ive noticed when i look up my symptoms alot of people have experienced the same reactions to lightening products on scalp but havent came across anyone who has had a straight answer for this. I have lightened my hair for years and only recently been having reactions causing hand and feet to itch, hives on legs arms and chest, swollen bottom lip and tightness/sensitivity on scalp. this happens with bleach and high lift tints of various brands. currently going through allergy tresting for possibilities but wondered if anyone had any answers on the cause yet?

Wait for the results of the medical tests.
Every body is different, so a particular chemical such as say, sodium persulphate, might give you a mild reaction, won’t affect me at all but could seriously affect someone else.

When I had allergy testing done, the dermatologist gave me a list of chemicals that I was sensitive to , to varying degrees so it’s unlikely to be only one chemical that you have to be cautious of.

Untill you allergy tests come back no one will be able to anser this all people are different hope your well and keep us posted with your allergy test x:)

Wait for the results of the medical tests.
Every body is different, so a particular chemical such as say, sodium persulphate, might give you a mild reaction, won’t affect me at all but could seriously affect someone else.

When I had allergy testing done, the dermatologist gave me a list of chemicals that I was sensitive to , to varying degrees so it’s unlikely to be only one chemical that you have to be cautious of.

thats good then at least i kno what to expect kind of, thanks forr your reply

Untill you allergy tests come back no one will be able to anser this all people are different hope your well and keep us posted with your allergy test x:)

yea i shall find out later today anyways, thanks very much x

Did you have the test where they tape your back up into little squares with a dot of a different chemical in each square?

Did you have the test where they tape your back up into little squares with a dot of a different chemical in each square?

yea that was the one

Latest posts

Back