Reaction to colour.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotf9

Reaction score
I have a lady (first photo) who comes in every 6 - 8 weeks to have her roots and a one length cut
IMG_20210914_120206.jpg
OLGADANIELS bdry.jpg
done. I have used Goldwell 10N & 10A several times she said after 4th time that it was making her scalp sting. Then I tried NXT, same with that after 1st go. Then I tried Affinage 10,0 & 10,1 which she was OK with the last three times. But when she phoned the other day to make an appointment she said the Affinage had made her head sting for several days afterwards. Her scalp always looks OK. She is grey at the front and rest at the back and crown is as dark as photo 2 (minus highlights). She doesn't want bleach on hair her either which is quite insistent about. I don't want to do foils as her hair is quite thick and I know she will not pay out for that. I am not sure whether to try another brand. I don't want to use Inoa as it is too expensive and her hair uses quite a bit of colour to cover. Any Ideas?

I have a lady (first photo) who comes in every 6 - 8 weeks to have her roots and a one length cutView attachment 213321View attachment 213322 done. I have used Goldwell 10N & 10A several times she said after 4th time that it was making her scalp sting. Then I tried NXT, same with that after 1st go. Then I tried Affinage 10,0 & 10,1 which she was OK with the last three times. But when she phoned the other day to make an appointment she said the Affinage had made her head sting for several days afterwards. Her scalp always looks OK. She is grey at the front and rest at the back and crown is as dark as photo 2 (minus highlights). She doesn't want bleach on hair her either which is quite insistent about. I don't want to do foils as her hair is quite thick and I know she will not pay out for that. I am not sure whether to try another brand. I don't want to use Inoa as it is too expensive and her hair uses quite a bit of colour to cover. Any Ideas?
Check out koleston perfect me + it's designed for clients who show sensitivity.
Out of curiosity what % developer are you using?

6%. Thank you I will have a look at that range.

6%. Thank you I will have a look at that range.
You could also try dropping any tone and just go with 10/0.
Do you process with or without heat?

I've ordered just 10/0 in this. I don't use heat on her. Though sometimes her hair can be a bit resistant at times. If I need to use heat I will pop one of jet hood dryers over her head.

I've ordered just 10/0 in this. I don't use heat on her. Though sometimes her hair can be a bit resistant at times. If I need to use heat I will pop one of jet hood dryers over her head.
I'd avoid heat to be honest. That will increase chances of sensitivity. Also worth checking with the client to see how close to the appointment she's washing her hair. See if she can leave it for 2-3 days before her appointment, not to come.in with freshly washed hair.

Latest posts

Back