Reaction to cream waxes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Hi there!
Not sure if anyone will be any the wiser but I have a client who had her legs waxed with Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Wax Tubes. She loved it, little reaction and not as painful as pot and spatula for some reason. The usual redness she gets went down completely within minutes and she was very impressed. However, the following evening (not quite 48 hrs) her legs started to really itch. She was desperate to scratch but didn’t. She thought it might be the afterwax lotion which she liked as it made her skin super soft. She couldn’t bare the itching anymore so had a shower to wash off the lotion incase that was causing the problem. Her skin went slightly bumpy too. The wax is a cream wax. A couple of weeks before that I used a hot wax on her lip which was rose and again a cream wax but a different brand, Perrin Rigot and the same thing happened then. Nearly 48 hrs passed before it started to itch and react. So there seems to be a pattern of delayed reaction to Cream waxes. She tells me she does sometimes react to plasters so obviously I suspected the Rosin in the wax but she didn’t get any reactions to the non cream wax I used on her a few months ago which also has rosin. So I’m wondering if there’s a common ingredient or known reactive within all/most Cream waxes that isn’t in other waxes. I’m going to look through the ingredients to see if there’s anything that stands out. She also gets very bad reaction to paprika and has to watch what she eats so I’m wondering also if she’s just a reactive client in general.

Any advice/info on cream wax that may be causing this is appreciated.

Hi there,

Over the years , just a couple of my clients had the same reaction, and although they took antihistamine it sometimes reacted and sometimes didn't. Again when a period was due the sensitivity was more marked. ( I know my strip wax had the colophonium in there so was a known irritant to some clients- but I always patch test everyone just to be on the safe side.)

They could also just get " urticaria " generally , so not just from your treatment. A simple scratch may cause huge wheals to appear. My son has it and it's a nusiance if he needs a plaster removing etc.
She may just be sensitive , and getting more reactive due to sensitisation. Has she tried the piriton immediately afterwards ?

You perhaps need her to go to the docs to get it checked . On the plus side you will stop worrying and she will get an answer hopefully.

Good luck x

Use PR Cristalline wax. I have a client who suddenly because allergic to all wax after having a latex plaster on her c section scar. I use Cristalline on her and no reaction.

Latest posts

Back