Reaction to eyelash perm!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magentahair

Reaction score
hey, had an eyelash perm this morning, NEVER again!!!!!! stung like mad only left set took? red, very sore and swollen ever since! wasnt offered a skin test for this, should i of had one and what should i do? x

Yes you should have had a skin test. The thing with eyelash perming is that it doesn't take on everyone. Not sure what action you should take but please take pictures and contact the salon ASAP x

I always carry out patch tests for eyelash treatments so yes you should have been tested, I would advise to apply a cold compress to each eye and maybe take an antihistamine, if it doesnt seem to be getting any better you should probably seek medical advice, it sounds like you have had an allergic reaction, hope you feel better soon x

hey, ive taken a couple of antihistamine also have put cold compresses on thoughout the day, the swelling has gone down a bit but they are so sore! x
I always carry out patch tests for eyelash treatments so yes you should have been tested, I would advise to apply a cold compress to each eye and maybe take an antihistamine, if it doesnt seem to be getting any better you should probably seek medical advice, it sounds like you have had an allergic reaction, hope you feel better soon x

Bless you, sounds very sore, you should probably consider contacting the salon to let them know you reacted to it, they may also think twice about providing the service without patch testing in future, I think they should be made aware of what happened to you - if you feel you are getting no better you could always ring the nhs helpline for some advice x

i told the girl who done it for me, when she was rubbing them i could feel how sore they were, i asked for the mirror and they were red and puffy then! i also pointed out that the right one was still straight! I was not charged! x

Did she offer you any aftercare advice? How did she react when she could see how red and swollen they were?

no not really, she said she thought id be arite cos i work with perm lotion, to which i said yeah but i dont put it on sensitive areas and leave it covered up for 20+ mins! she was sorry, the salon manager wasnt there though! x
Did she offer you any aftercare advice? How did she react when she could see how red and swollen they were?

OMG!!!!! :eek: , that is shocking, just cos you work with it doesnt mean you wont react to it being on your eyes and its not as if you splash it in your face everyday!! I would def ring and speak to the salon manager when she is next in! x

ok so today the eyes are worse! phoned the salon this morning, they wenrt that bothered, didnt ask me to go in and show them or anything! they also said it was my resposibility to ask for a skin test!!!!! I called NHS direct they told me to go to walk in centre where i was perscribed anti-hystamine tabs and hyrdocortisone cream! Got the boyfriend to go into the salon to get them to pay for this and also refund me the money I had paid for my eyebrow tint and wax which i also had done yesterday, which they did! I had to leave work early today because of this loosing about £200!!!!!:mad: x

ok so today the eyes are worse! phoned the salon this morning, they wenrt that bothered, didnt ask me to go in and show them or anything! they also said it was my resposibility to ask for a skin test!!!!! I called NHS direct they told me to go to walk in centre where i was perscribed anti-hystamine tabs and hyrdocortisone cream! Got the boyfriend to go into the salon to get them to pay for this and also refund me the money I had paid for my eyebrow tint and wax which i also had done yesterday, which they did! I had to leave work early today because of this loosing about £200!!!!!:mad: x

Jesus Christ what a cheek some people have. They're lucky you don't sue them eh?? They won't be covered because THEY didn't carry out a skin test. Just because they know what you do for a living and the importance if a skin test, what about clients that don't? Bet they're in you're firing line now, more for not just accepting responsibility and apologising. Try not to be tempted to rub your eyes and perhaps mind any make up and creams you put on your face. Is it just the eyelids/lash-line that stings or your eyes themselves?

I would never perm lashes without doing a patch test at least 48hr before!

Hope you feel better soon x

Omg! Can't believe this! They would not be covered by their insurance because they didn't do a patch test! This is totally their responsibility, clients wouldn't know what they needed patch tests for so how is it your responsibility?!? Ridiculous!

I hope the swelling and soreness goes down honey, try and get some rest rather than worrying about the money u are losing, I know it's difficult.
I think I would be making a call to trading standards. Rhiannon x

hey viva, my eyes are ok, just the eyelids/eyelash line which is really sore!! x
Jesus Christ what a cheek some people have. They're lucky you don't sue them eh?? They won't be covered because THEY didn't carry out a skin test. Just because they know what you do for a living and the importance if a skin test, what about clients that don't? Bet they're in you're firing line now, more for not just accepting responsibility and apologising. Try not to be tempted to rub your eyes and perhaps mind any make up and creams you put on your face. Is it just the eyelids/lash-line that stings or your eyes themselves?

thanks girlies xx:hug:

Cant believe the salons response to you!! Hope you start to feel better soon x

thanks girlies xx:hug:

Oh Dear, poor you!!!
It's shocking they way u have been treated, under no circumstances would I do any chemical treatments without patch testing first :eek:. This is why they have liability insurance for incidents like this. I would maybe go back and deal with the manger direct, and like someone else mentioned take photo's, u have been lucky to just have a sore swollen eye, it could have been a lot worse. Maybe u should make an example of yourself so it doesn't happen to another poor soul. good luck hun, wishing u a speedy recovery

yes u deffo should of had a skin test, god thats bad client care, how is your eyes now?

x

I refuse to do tints, perms or lash extensions without a patch test, its just not worth the risk.. You should have had one.. Hope your ok :(

Latest posts

Back