Reaction to glue & lashes not lasting (sometimes?)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa_

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been lashing for a year now, I trained with flirties and now use their faster drying glue, primer and sealant.

Most of the sets I do last 3 weeks before needing an infill but every now and again I get a client who's lashes pretty much all fall out within a week! I'm not doing anything differently and they say they're following the correct aftercare. This completely knocks my confidence and just as I feel I'm getting there I feel like I'm back to square one again!

another thing I've noticed is that some of my clients are reacting to the glue more than before, they're saying they can feel slight burning in their throat and nose... Which obviously isn't good. I open the window slightly to let the air circulate and I sometimes get a bowl of water and use that next to me. This can help but sometimes it doesn't. My lady this week wanted to hold a tissue over her nose whilst I was doing the treatment, but this just isnt practical!

Do you guys have different glues and if one doesn't work well for a client, you try another. I'm thinking of getting the lash emporium one as well.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!x

I use both Flirties adhesives I ensure patch test is done min 24 hours before and for those that find the expert strength one about fumey I use the original adhesive. With all faster setting adhesives there will be fumes but I've never had a problem with them myself. I always offer clients a face mask although they don't often want one but that may help also remember to shake your bottle really well. Often clients omit to tell you that they swim every day or that they pick their lashes or not following full aftercare.

I've stopped using Flirties as I had a really bad reaction myself.
It seems to build up over time.

All glues have cyanoacrylate in, and this is what causes the problems in the mucous membranes inside your nose and throat (all the moist areas - lovely).

It's just trial and error to find one that suits you and your clients (and lasts as well)

If most of your clients are finding that their lashes last well but the odd client has a problem, please don't doubt yourself. It WILL be down to the client's aftercare. You just need to take a bit of time with them to go through everything and find out what's causing the premature loss.

Many thanks for your reply ladies!

I have found that the people who are having a reaction to the glue are the people who have been having their lashes done for a few months. My sister being one of them, she said the glue was fine at first but a few months on she can really feel it in her throat and nose.

Not everyone is finding this, just some of my clients. I will buy some face masks and try the other flirties glue.

Can you recomend another brand of glue, ive heard the lash emporium one is good?

I just cant understand what some people do to loose their lashes so quickly, i barely touch mine..! Mainly because i would want to pull at them incase i pulled my own lashes out.

Also, does anyone have any tips or ideas of what you can do to make people more comfortable when laying on the couch. I have a neck pillow but many clients struggle to lay completely flat but i cant seem to find anything online that will take the pressure off the lower back. I offer a pillow to go under the clients knees but wondered if there was anything better?!

X

I used to use flirties I never had any of these problems with it myself but I have now changes to flexilash and the lashes are lasting beautifully :)

Try a bolster cushion behind the clients knees this helps alot, I have had a few clients experiencing dry itchy eyes after a few months of using flirties, I have just started using lash revolution, have noticed less watering eyes afterwards, will have to see what the returns are like etc.
Many thanks for your reply ladies!

I have found that the people who are having a reaction to the glue are the people who have been having their lashes done for a few months. My sister being one of them, she said the glue was fine at first but a few months on she can really feel it in her throat and nose.

Not everyone is finding this, just some of my clients. I will buy some face masks and try the other flirties glue.

Can you recomend another brand of glue, ive heard the lash emporium one is good?

I just cant understand what some people do to loose their lashes so quickly, i barely touch mine..! Mainly because i would want to pull at them incase i pulled my own lashes out.

Also, does anyone have any tips or ideas of what you can do to make people more comfortable when laying on the couch. I have a neck pillow but many clients struggle to lay completely flat but i cant seem to find anything online that will take the pressure off the lower back. I offer a pillow to go under the clients knees but wondered if there was anything better?!

X

Latest posts

Back