ready to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hiya guys:green:

i about to complete my nvq2 in beauty therapy. i feel quite confident with my skills and would really love to rent a room and work for myself. i have hunted high and low for a job in a salon and can find nothing unless i have a level 3 ( i am enrolled to start this in sept). i just dont know where to start. i feel so determind to do this and just need a push in the right direction. ive been thinking about applying to the price's trust for a grant to help me get up and running and am going to take a short course offered free by the city of bristol college to help with all the business advise i would need.

does anyone know the going rate for renting a room???
anything anyone can offer would be a great help, im so scared about doing it but its what i really want.:confused:

Help me please
thanks lou xx

If you want to do it that badly then I have no doubt that you will!:)

Check out Business support, information and advice | Business Link
They have loads of excellent advice for starting up a new business.

Definately try to get help from the Princes Trust if you can, again, Business Link will have details of all grants and loas that you may be entitled to.

I set up my own salon last year after completing my level 2 and it is really taking off. I love going to work and spend most of my time thinking about it when I'm not there (much to my family's annoyance!)

I have just about finished my level 3 now and would recommend it to you as it has just built on my confidence and knowledge greatly.

Hi, I used to rent a beauty room in a hairdressers for £70 a week, I easily made more than that in a day, as a hairdressers already has clients there. Also, one of my best friends used to rent a room for £15 a day, which worked out about £75 a week. Keep your eye out for ads in your local papers.
Im now working in a salon in a hotel, but its not easy getting your first job in the industry as most places want experience or level 3, but dont give up, someone will give you a chance, the place I work now is really good, because they take girls straight from college, I got the job there whilst I was still completing level 3.

Good luck!

Also, forget to say, I wouldnt get loans and stuff, if it can be avoided, the rooms me and my friend rented were pretty much fully equipted. x

Latest posts

Back