Real fur mink lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahbeautyx

Reaction score
Hi wonder if any1 can help.

Does any1 know where to get these lashes have been searching the net not many retailers out there, I recently got some of ebay and they was not great.

xxx

I just watched a youtube video where the girl has used Velour eyelashes; they're mink fur which is gathered after they naturally shed their fur, in which the zookeepers collect them :) maybe google velour xx

I have no clue where to get them, but urge you to research mink fur farms before you even consider offering this product.

If you knew the suffering mink face in the fur industry you would never buy such a thing.
Any company claiming to offer ethical mink lashes is misleading you. Mink are kept for one purpose only and that is to make fur coats. They are not petted and groomed everyday by a sweet old lady living in Devon. They are farmed to be skinned.

An extract from am interview with velour eyelashes founders:

"KKW: It is wonderful that the mink fur lashes are cruelty-free. That is such an important aspect that many consumers keep in mind before purchasing products. Is this something that was of extreme importance for you when launching the line? Please tell our readers about the design and production process for these luxurious lashes?

AT: Yes, it was extremely important to Mabel and I. We both grew up with pets and we're in love with animals so we're definitely against animal cruelty. First off, our mink hair comes from free-range zoo's. Minks have two main shedding seasons, the fall and spring, and what zookeepers normally do is they just collect and discharge the shedded fur. We simply asked the zookeeper to recycle the fur to us so we can make our lashes. On top of that, given the amount they shed and the little amount we use per lash there is no reason to harm these animals."

I really hope this is genuine and not some rubbish they're spinning to make a buck xx

All great razzmatazz PR but the only reason you'd have a "herd" or loads of mink is for farming purposes. Yes, they may be free range, and not battery mink, but they're still only there for one purpose I'm afraid.

Do you honestly think it's viable for a farmer to keep a load of animals fed, watered and kept healthy just to make eyelashes?!

mink1a.jpg

Last edited:
Aww :( that pic makes me sad. Think my eyelash clients would have a fit if I used real mink x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

And what about your veggie and vegan clients? What are you going to be offering them?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok before this gets into an ethical debate...the op asked where to get them.
Whilst I totally agree that its wrong to use real mink that's not what was asked.

In answer to the op, I don't have a clue where to get them but if you do a search on here I recall there are already 2 very informative posts that do tell you where to get them from.
You will first have to sift through all the reasons why you shouldn't and to be honest I think after reading them you may change your mind.

Also...irrelevant of the poor suffering to the animals that are farmed for the fur I have read in several places that real mink lashes don't keep their curl as long as synthetic.

All great razzmatazz PR but the only reason you'd have a "herd" or loads of mink is for farming purposes. Yes, they may be free range, and not battery mink, but they're still only there for one purpose I'm afraid.

Do you honestly think it's viable for a farmer to keep a load of animals fed, watered and kept healthy just to make eyelashes?!

View attachment 42854

Look I have no idea!! I have not done any research at all about mink lashes and neither do I want to! I for one am ABSOLUTELY against animal cruelty as animals are my life but genuinely thought I was helping out the op with suggesting velour is 100% cruelty free.

I never knew you could get really mink lashes until recently. I have always used synthetic ones. But just out of curiosity what's better about the real mink compares to synthetic? Has anybody used both?
After looking into it I know the real is more expensive but overall what's the difference?

The mink are a lot softer and lighter. From personal experience of having both (don't jump on me), the mink were nowhere near as irritating as they are more flexible so seem to fit in with each other whereas the synthetic sort of seemed to tangle or twist

I never knew you could get really mink lashes until recently. I have always used synthetic ones. But just out of curiosity what's better about the real mink compares to synthetic? Has anybody used both?
After looking into it I know the real is more expensive but overall what's the difference?
I bought a pair of mink lashes from Mash Up London a couple of months ago and they are very soft compared to the synthetic ones i used to buy from Superdrugs or Mac (Payday only LOL). I also have worn them 6 times so far and they have not lost their shape considering how heavy handed i am. Overall I am definitely sticking to Mink Lashes from now on.

Latest posts

Back