Real Nappies, who has used them and which ones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly tried the washable route with my first, I had the liner style ones, can't remember the name now, with the plastic, disposable nappy style popper pants, they did my head in, baby wasn't happy, neither was I so I gave up and sold them back to the company!

This was my first baby though, you know what you're doing, so you will get on better than I did!

Just thought that I would update this thread.

We bought the Tots bots Bamboozles nappies, and I love them. They are so easy to use and they do, as I was told stay so soft even when dried on the radiators. I am thrilled with them and would totally recommend these to anyone who is interested in re-usable nappies.

Just thought that I would update this thread.

We bought the Tots bots Bamboozles nappies, and I love them. They are so easy to use and they do, as I was told stay so soft even when dried on the radiators. I am thrilled with them and would totally recommend these to anyone who is interested in re-usable nappies.

:hug: Take care Hope, enjoy your little baby :hug:

Thanks for the update Rachel...hows little joe coming on? xx

just having to agree about a line blowing full of white terry towelling nappies
makes it all seem a long time ago
what a lovely sight!!!

I agree with Joanne, nothing more satisfying than seeing a line full of bright white nappies :green:

I used them with my eldest (16 years ago) and got them in Mothercare, but had to go on to disposables with my 2nd.

:) I also used terry towling nappies, liners and rubber pants, more washing to do but it works out cheaper than disposables,

Can anyone give me this 'TWinkle on the web' address, please?

Before Morgandie was born we invested in a whole load of Bambino Mio....and thye were great for the first few weeks, but she started on her chemo we were advised that we must use disposables, as her the nappies would contain all the toxins her body got rid of, and even after washing at a high temperature we couldn't be sure that it wouldn't re-introduce them to her body or irritate her skin. We even had to wear latex gloves whilst changing her....which to be honest broke my heart. Whilst nappy changing isn't a glamourous task by any means, but it still made it feel very clinical and I felt 'denied' contact in this way.

Now she' not on chemo anymore, but has had her surgery, she has a large scar right across her abdomen, about 1cm above her tummy button, and the wrappers from Bambino Mio dig into her scar right there, so I'm not happy using them. A friend mentioned Totsbots may be more comfy so i thought it worth checking them out.

Wow girls fair play to anyone who uses them. I can't imagine the extra washing. I have 5 children and always used disposables. I try not to think about the enviornment cause I do sometimes feel guilty. They are just so convenient. I can get stressed about cleaning, washing and running around with them in general never mind using towel nappies.Then again we can all push ourselves that extra little bit with enough passion !

Latest posts

Back