really bad message left on my mobile answering machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi ,im just a newbie at doing nails ,acrylics nails ,about 6months ive been doing it,the last few weeks iv been getting anonymous calls with no one speaking i didnt bother ,BUT the other night i got 3 calls they wouldnt speak ,so i didnt answer after that (10.15pm) ,When i went into my messages the nexted day i was left a message ,that id made a c*** of their mates nails and im a robbing B******* and my nails was a joke .i was really blown away with this as every client that have done in the last couple of months iv always says to them about feedback if they are not happy please get back to me and iv got all their numbers . i dont know wiether its someone just trying to put me off !!! :cry:
Anyway if i get anymore im taking to the police ,but my phone will only store messages up to 7 days so i dont know if i should just go up and ask for some advice :irked:

I would speak to the police right away, I'd also speak to my service provider, down here those sort of nuisance callers can be charged by the police etc. It is also harrassment.

I agree, definitely tell the police and your service provider so that it's on record. And apart from that, try not to take it personally, when someone behaves like that it is saying something about THEM not YOU :hug:

hi, i called the police this morning,they adviced me to phone my service adviser to stop anonymous calls coming in ,so hopefully that will stop it and if anyones got something to say they will speak to me personally

Be careful... I get quite a few calls on my mobile from witheld numbers, all perfectly innocent... you don't want to miss out on legitimate business!

sorry to hear that your having a hard time, but i jst wanted to say dont let this put you off doing nails or lose your confidence with it. and i agree that you may be losing clients by blocking anon. numbers, if i were you i would just try to ignor it because its probably kids, and kids get bored easly! but if it happens again tell the police. hope it gets sorted one way or the other. good luck!:hug:

It sounds like a competetor trying to worry you.:hug: Try to remember that if there was a real problem surely the person would have come back to you themselves . xx

do you advertise ie yellow pages yell.com etc because if you do it could be some stupid weirdo just doing it for warped laughs...i had a few funny phone calls a few months ago on my mobile...wont tell you what i did or said but they stopped....any person can get hold of your number and it might not be a client or ex client....if it continues....tell the plice

I had a strange call to my salon phone a few weeks ago, it was a private number too......I think that your service provider/police can actually find out what the private number is so it's worth contacting them just to find out!

I agree, definitely tell the police and your service provider so that it's on record. And apart from that, try not to take it personally, when someone behaves like that it is saying something about THEM not YOU :hug:

could not have put it better my self.
As for the land line, I've been getting this, its not a perv its an automated telesales system. the computer calls all these numbers and when they dont have a sales person to pick up when you do, ie they are all busy you get the silent treatment. you can go on line to the telephone preference service and get this stopped. Sending you :hug::hug: don't let the silly mare get you down. We all get ones like this:hug:

Sending you a :hug: hun, report this if it happens again. Some saddo probably completely unconnected with your nails. Don't let it put you off. xxx

Unfortunately it goes with the job. We give our number out on business cards etc. and we sometimes get crank calls. Try not to let it worry you if possible.
I've had a few strange calls and had to cut them off.
If they leave a voicemail report it but I doubt the police will do anything. Delete it and ignore it hun x

hi guys ,thx very much for your replys have been quite upset about it more angry but now its just made me more stronger and iv work too hard for this to let some sad idiot ruin it for me,and my service provider couldnt block the calls anyway as u say may lose valuable customers and im not doing that so i just need to be strong and iv deleted it hoping there will be no more and just move on from it .but thx guys im feeling alot better know bring it on a brand new week "anyone wanting their nails done ":lol:
:hug:

Good on you, that's the spirit :lol:

I answered the phone in a salon I worked in, which was just one big shop front and a man asked if he could buy a cow please, I responded with "well if you look in the window, there are four to choose from, which one would you like "
I thought I was so funny, I couldnt stop laughing :lol:

I answered the phone in a salon I worked in, which was just one big shop front and a man asked if he could buy a cow please, I responded with "well if you look in the window, there are four to choose from, which one would you like "

:lol:
a cow ? what was he taking ? how strange is that ?:confused:

My business line rang yesterday (Sunday, grrr) and when I picked up, the caller said, 'is that The Mad House?'
I did feel a bit:irked:
But there is a business near me (an indoor play area) called The Mad House, although tbh their number is nothing like mine.
I reckon it was a client who misdialled (speed dial) hehe and was too embarrassed to admit it

I've also had quite a few calls asking if I massage the schlong:smack:
His word, not mine!

HAHA:lol: Love it.

I once had an answer phone message from a old man wanting to order some 6" nails, poor guy. I called him back and explained what i did and was he still interested in 6" nails. Bless, he was embaressed.

LOL to Jac's cows remark!

Jac I bet you're fun to work with lol !

Latest posts

Back