Really clear gel top coat

jlsdds

Every gel top coat seems to have a bit of yellow cast to it, even fresh and never used. I have a bottle of Brisa Lite that is getting low. Its the only top coat that is truly clear and won't yellow a pale color. Unfortunately, discontinued.
I'm obsessively careful with top coats. I always clean the brush before putting back in container. We primarily use CND Shellac, but also OPI and Tammy Taylor.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

RosieR

It should be like liquid glass, I have never seen this before. Is it possibly comtaminated by some colour that has managed to get into it?
I use cuccio and have no problem with it.
Sorry I am no use with regard to your problem I hope someone experienced with your products will be more helpful.
RosieR

MissJulesBeauty

Are the bottles being stored in sunlight? X

It may be the lamp you are using, I had a cheaper one that always seemed to make top coat a little yellow. I invested in a better one and haven't had a problem since.

Enail couture shine E is a fab top coat. It claims there is absolutely no yellowing, I use it and it's amazing.

jlsdds

Thank you for the replies. I don't recommend mixing product lines, but...I'm really disappointed with the top coats I've been using. Brand new bottles have a distinct color to them. I know not to store anything in sunlight (although most bottles have even the threads blacked out). I never contaminate with dragging pigment back into my top coats.
The lamp I use is a newer CND LED. LCN Recolution has a clear gel top coat, but it doesn't like being put over the Shellac. It reacts a bit with the sticky layer and doesn't get the best shine. A reason not to mix the lines. But, as I said, I'm really tired of having yellowed pale colors as soon as I apply the top coat.
I'll order the Cuccio and couture shine and see what happens. Thanks again.

Like you, I don't usually mix product lines. However, Max Estrada claims that he developed shine E to be used with enail couture and other manufacturers. It was why I suggested it to you.

Good luck, hope you sort the problem