Really confused, is the room mine or not!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley_d

Reaction score
Hi. I have been looking for the ideal beauty room for months and a few weeks ago I looked at one and loved it, so made the owner a offer as he want's to profit share, not something I had considered before, he was happy with the offer and he asked me to email my price list over so as he could print some of to hand out to clients before I started but yesterday he called me and said that it is NOT a definite go ahead now as he would like me to meet the other salon staff to see if we get on and to give a demo of a treatment such a Shellac. The day that has has been arranged for to go and talk to the staff is a day when there is only one other member of staff in!!

Up until yesterdays phone call I had been busy changing my website, getting ready to order printing, ordering extra bits and bobs, arranging a debit/credit card terminal and spreading the word that I would be moving in to the beauty room on the 12th June.

I'm just feeling a bit confused now and am wondering if I really want to rent/profit share this room now, one minute he said yeah the rooms mine and then a week later he said only a maybe depending on my getting on with the staff.

Sorry for the rant and if I have posted in the wrong section.

Shelly X

Hi Shelly,

Hate to say it but I smell a bit of a rat. Why don't you call him on it and say the day's not convenient for you or you'd rather meet everyone, or as near everyone as you can to make sure that you like the environment as well. See what the reaction is?

Might be just not sure of his own decision making and wants a second opinion from someone he trusts.... but I dunno, sounds odd!

xx

dont order anything or do anything more until you have a written contract signed in your hand!!

Thanks for the reply TracyS. Sounds odd to me as well but like you said maybe he wants a second opinion! I'm going to go and do my Shellac demo on Tuesday and I will talk to them about my other treatments as well. When I first saw the room I asked why the other therapist had left and was told that she just packed it in all of a sudden. I'm going to try and keep open minded about him wanting the demo but in the meantime I think I will keep looking at the classifieds for other rooms for rent.

Shelley X :)

This would be ringing alarm bells in my head already! He has already said one thing and then gone back on his word, if he is already doing that then i would think it would become a regular thing. Maybe i'm just too skeptical or wary but I personally would already be thinking this persons actions were unprofessional and wouldn't want to get caught up in this.

My first thought was he wants you to show how shellac is done so said hairdresser can do it, otherwise I would of thought he would of asked you to do a variety of treatments.

Kirsty

Kirsty I also thought this. It sounds like you are going to be messed around and maybe used by them

Something's definitely not right. I wouldn't give a demo of shellac. He's said he wants a demo of a treatment, so choose something else, just in case he is trying to see how it's done.
Personally I wouldn't have done anything ie website changes etc until I had it in writing that I was going to be renting the room.
Be very cautious now and keep searching. Therapists don't generally pack up and go without good reason.
Good luck

I wouldnt order a card machine yet. Incase you dont like it their. I was at my room a year before i got one. Just ask to bring cash untill your sure. Its a fairly quick set up when your ready to have one. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Hmm I agree something not right here... If you are renting a room it's up to you what you do and no one else's business surely ?
I would have a contract that YOU have created stipulating your conditions etc, just in case they want to copy you! I would demo a manicure if he needs something - oo maybe a bulb went the night before tut oh dear ;), but tbh your certificate is all he should see!!
Take care and let us know x

I decided not to go with that room in the end but keep everything crossed because I'm going to looking at another one tomorrow and its brand new and will be available from August. X :)

Latest posts

Back