Really confused on training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 60877

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am spending my days looking at courses and there are so many!!!

I have a question. Once I have my certificate in manicure and pedicure and I want to offer let's say gelish /shellac do I have to go on one of their courses or can I do a general uv gel polish course?

How does it work? I was going to do natural nail course at beauty academy in london as they teach shellac etc? really not sure!!!!

I found another course at the London Beauty Institute in london which covers gelish mainly? it is lots of many for one day!!!

How does it work? :sad:

I really really appreciate if someone could explain it to me.
many thanks

Ok the broad statement from CND is that if you have a mani cert you can perform shellac. You have the option of doing a shellac course on top of that if you choose but you need a Mani cert to start with either way.

CND and a LOT of geeks on here recommend doing the training course in any system you choose to perform, to learn about the science, marketing and thorough tips and tricks to application.

You would probably learn much of the same info on a generic gel polish course but fyi Shellac is not a gel it's a hybrid or 'power polish' so does apply differently to a gel.

All of this info is here on Salongeek so do make use of the site for that.

I did a lot of research in here before I did my course for Shellac and can honestly say I already knew everything I was told on the day BUT I got a lot of tips on the marketing/money side and tips on my application technique. I'd recommend it myself.

Hope that answers some of your q's xx

thank you !!!

Latest posts

Back