Really need help Argos machine yes or no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebekahsBeauty

Reaction score
Hey ladies!!

Im really confused as i havent got a machine at this time and im not sure weather to get the more expensive one from a good company.Or get the one from argos for 69.99?

What is the argos one like? thanks xxx

Argos machine to do what ???

Just PMd you

My personal opinion is

No

don't invest in this I had so many problems

leaking, noisy, uneven spray, overspray

You name it I had it

Argos tanning machine x

Looks like someone can add psychic powers to their list of skills lol

Argos is not a professional distributor...for professional products you need a professional distributor.

Last edited:
If I went for a tan and the therapist used an "argos machine" I would be mortified ...
Professional products...for professionals ...
argos...for NON professionals who want to waste their money imo x

don't bother

put the money towards professional equipment

don't bother

put the money towards professional equipment

totally agree here and with emmysbabe.....clients may not take you seriously if you have brought your products/machine/equitment from argos xx

Hi,
I researched all the tanning machines before I bought mine. I was lucky as my husband understands spraying machines. He convinced me Argos was the same. I did buy the argos one "Earlex" £69.99. It is the exact same machine that some of the other campanies are selling at £299 + vat, some even dearer. It is noisey, but so was the one I trained with, which was the Sun Lab version, mine is no more noisey. I have to say I was still very unsure about it, but bought it, and thought well if it's no good I can take it back. Or keep it for spaying the fence.
I have had no problems at all with mine. I have a friend and hers seems to leak, dribbles all down the sides onto her floor. Same was happening with mine , but only when my husband was spray tanning me (Bless him) I had to train him to tan me. The problem was he was shakiing it just like spraying a car, they do that so the paint doesn't settle. So I explained sweep side to side, up and down no shaky shaky and hey presto no more drips. That happens on the dearer machines too, if used incorrectly. But do empty at the end of the day, I use a jug to pour back into original bottle, as the products shouldn't be left exposed to direct light. Then just rinse the bottle and jet with water. I have been using mine since February. I also took out the 3 year warranty for about £20, so if it goes wrong they will mend or replace. I do admit I was so unsure, but have no regrets, and my clients don't know it is from Argos. Good luck with whichever you choose. lotsa luv x :hug:
Profit is sanity, posh machine vanity, go with your instincts, I know some others will not agree with me, but it is worth a try. I know if Hubby hadn't told me I would have bought an expensive one, especially if it had Pink on it!!! :hug:

Ok - lets look at it this way - if the client realises that you can buy this machine from Argos, what do you think will happen - well if I was the client I would not book my next spray tan appointment and go and buy one from Argos and do it myself and think if you can buy this machine from Argos it must be really easy to do so why should I pay somebody else to do it!

Lets keep our industry professional.

Ok - lets look at it this way - if the client realises that you can buy this machine from Argos, what do you think will happen - well if I was the client I would not book my next spray tan appointment and go and buy one from Argos and do it myself and think if you can buy this machine from Argos it must be really easy to do so why should I pay somebody else to do it!

Lets keep our industry professional.
Hi,
Sorry to confuse, but the machine I bought from Argos is not the one they are selling as a spray tanning machine, it was not out when I bought mine. I bought the Earlex Spray Station, in the household section item no 710/4765, take a look on their website. It looks very much the same as a lot of expensive machines, very like the Sun Lab one I trained with at NSI in Manchester. My clients have no idea, they asume I have paid a lot of money for it. I was very wary at 1st, but it has been spraying approx 10 -20 people a week since February. I was prepared to purchase the expensive one if this didn't work for me.
Although I accept what you say, if they see it is the advertised spray tanning machine with DVD and products they will DIY their tanning, and have some bad results, luckily mine doesn't give the game away. Lotsa Luv :hug:

I bought the earlex too and ordered the smaller needle. Yes it does the job but it really does produce a lot of overspray which when I got a cyclone type I really saw a difference at the amount of spray i used AND the overall tan was much nicer, and I had far more control with the application.

I just think the earlex gave me some good experience that when I did change machine - the new machine was just so easy to use - like a walk in the park - ha ha!!

I bought the earlex too and ordered the smaller needle. Yes it does the job but it really does produce a lot of overspray which when I got a cyclone type I really saw a difference at the amount of spray i used AND the overall tan was much nicer, and I had far more control with the application.

I just think the earlex gave me some good experience that when I did change machine - the new machine was just so easy to use - like a walk in the park - ha ha!!

Hi, can you tell me where did you get the cyclone type from? not heard of it, i would appreciate it if you could enlightenened me!!

Thank you
:)

Um im a little confused about the needle part? why do u need a needle? xx

you need a smaller needle to change the amount of spray that comes out , if you tried using the normal one the clients would be drenched in tan :eek:
hth x

you need a smaller needle to change the amount of spray that comes out , if you tried using the normal one the clients would be drenched in tan :eek:
hth x

Ahhh i get it now, so would i only have to get that if i get the argos machine? or is that the case with most machines? xx :hug:

My machine is exactly like this one.

its hvlp and very smooth to use and is quiet and very reasonably priced.

Shadez Spray Tan

I meant cyclone as its similar to the vani-t cyclone machine.

NO

Dont buy from Argos!!!!!

Latest posts

Back