Really need your advice - unprofessional training course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't read the responses sorry as I'm in a rush but was it hair extensions by any chance? Sounds very similar to the company to trained with, we are still in "talks" over a year later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what, all I think abbie58 would like is our support! Whilst I would think "yeah let it go, I've had my refund!" Part of me would want something more too, because of the time, trouble, stress, time,hassle & inconvenience!! Whilst realistically in reality this isn't worth pursuing because there probably wouldn't be a positive outcome! All I think it boils down to is good old customer service:- whilst the lady holding the course couldn't help the fact she was ill, she already knew from correspondence from the poster that she needed to complete these courses before her baby arrived (as agreed by both parties!) do you know what, if she had just said "I'm sorry I can't accommodate before your babies due date, would you like a refund, for part of the course you haven't done!?" It would've saved everybody's time! I would rather treat someone fairly & how I would wish to be treated myself & have a good business name & reputation & recommendations off the back of it..... As we all know mud sticks!! I'm glad you have got your money back abbie! Xx

Thankyou fluffy26, you've got it exactly right x

That's how i felt fluffy26
A bit of support for one of our fellow beauty chicks rather than making her feel petty.

Sent from my SM-N915G using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry, I disagree.

The OP posted in Biz Geek and the thread title specifically asks for advice?
That's why the majority of responders offered their advice.

If she just wanted confirmation that the course provider was a numpty, she really should have posted in chit chat and asked geeks to support her feelings of being let down.

Unfortunately, because the majority of posters haven't told her what she wanted to hear, the OP isn't best pleased. That's presumably why she's only acknowledging those posters that have agreed with her.

I agree with AcidPerm, I feel the original poster got quite defensive when people gave opinions that were different to hers. It is awful when you pay for something and you don't get what you pay for but the person has been given a refund now so I think it should be left at that. The trainer may have been unprofessional but unfortunately there isn't much you can do about that. I would just be pleased I managed to get my money back!

The lesson's to be learnt from this post are that there are MANY MANY courses out there, PROMISING BIG....DELIVERING SMALL....
It's been said before, do your research and then some.....
Get GEEKING, ask PROFESSIONAL'S who have been there and got the 'T' shirt......
There are folk out there, not good enough to run a tap, let alone run a quality course.
Sorry to say, but no one will be competent after an afternoon's training, those courses that claim NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, fill me with dread....:Scared:

It's not about making her feel petty, it's about having a realistic expectation of what else the OP can hope for. I'm sure we would all feel upset and cheated in this situation. Just because I have said to let it go and not pursue this further doesn't automatically mean I have no sympathy with her.

Hi.
So I'm going to make this as brief and to the point as I can as it's a long drawn out story.

Basically I booked a package deal of day courses with a certain company when I was pregnant, and paid upfront. I made it clear that I needed to complete all of the courses before my baby's due date, which was agreed and all courses booked in.

I attended all courses other that one which were quite awful to be honest. Starting late and finishing early, very unprofessional.
On the morning of the remaining course (baring in mind I had to travel around 1hr20mins drive each way) I got a phone all just as I was leaving my house saying she had to cancel due to her being poorly. She said she would get back to me as to when she could next do the course for me.
When she got back to me she said she could do it a couple of weeks later, which was after my baby's due date, so I told her I couldn't accept that date due to obvious reasons as she was aware.
As I wouldn't be able to fit in the course before my baby was born, I asked for a refund for the remaining course.

This is when the problems started. I paid for my courses in May, had my baby in July, and barely heard from her untill now, April the next year!! She has been a nightmare with getting back to me, constantly ignoring all of my. Emails, phone all's, texts and voicemails. It has been so stressful for over 9 months.
When she did get back to me occasionally it was always full of excuses and she refused my refund saying she will just honour my course for me still.
I told her this would be no good as I can't get childcare now to look After my baby to travel to her.
This is when she said she would travel to me to do the remaining course.
Again I couldn't get in touch with her. I couldn't get her to actually do the course for me, or to give me my money back!

She held my money for 10 months as well as not giving me my service I paid for! It's been such a stressful experience for me and I just don't know what else to do.

Eventually last week she agreed to the refund as she couldn't accommodate the course for me, which I received, but no compensation or apology to me!
I've been financially disadvantaged by not being able to offer the course to my clients for all this time, so lost money, and also she has held my money for all this time with it sat in her bank account!
How can she just decide this on her terms?

The cherry on the cake was when I managed to get a reply from her about compensation, she said because "I cancelled the course" I wouldn't be entitled to compensation....What?!? She was the one who cancelled on me at such late notice!

I'm so angry and can't let her get away with such bad practices. I don't want anyone else to be in my position. This is only a very small part of all if the problems I've had with her, and I can't get across on here all of the details without bombarding you.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?? I feel like I should be due compensation for her holding my money and not giving me what I paid for for so long and interest gained on my money but she is completely ignoring all of my contact now. Most of all I want to warn everyone to stay clear as I would hate others to go through all of the constant chasing and dress I have been through.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post
Xx

Just name and shame them........You can't even buy a pencil on Amazon these days without there been 30 reviews about it, it's a consumer right to know, but it doesn't mean they will stop selling pencils!

Ellie

Latest posts

Back