Really poor split hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been a hairdresser for 5 years and have obviously messed with my hair colour quite a bit!I used to be bleach blonde but am now a dark red brown. I once had my hair cut really shaped at the sides and it has never grown since, it just splits. I now have to wear hair extensions in the sides as they are so bad. I have it cut regularly, use the best treatments, spray when i straighten (which i try to limit) and dont colour thro the ends.. im so fed up it is snapping when i run my hands thro it, it feels like crap....anyone any quick fixes? any great conditioning mixes?1 :cry::cry::cry:

does it need moisturising ( softening ) or strrengthening ?

Im really not sure, I feel like just moisturising as it is feels strong its just like hay. ive used the extreme range from redken to strengthen and nothing is happening so i guess its not that. so ive moved onto all soft. i just wish my sides would grow, they just dont want to, or they do and then need cutting due to frazzling!! i wear my clip in extensions everyday and it drives me mad! x

if the hairs fine could the extensions be damaging the top of the hair ? then when it grows down its naff? ( ive never used extensions) i have to say its taken me about 4 yrs to get the front bits ( by the ears ) on my hair to grow down to the same perimeter length of the rest of my hair ( long wavy) but then i did have an annie lennox.
Hairspray! do you use spray and then brush it out quick?

nope no hairspray, and my natural hair is very strong, the clip in extensions wil do them no harm i think. i had the front bits bleached a while ago, and thats whats caused the original damge, then straightneing. but i cant cut the damage off or id have two sideburns lol. o its so frustraing! x

Hi , I suppose if you are putting in side extensions each day you could be splitting your own natural hairs from the near the roots tops with the teeth of the extension clips
then by the time the natural hairs grow down they may be splitting even more
eg like the eye of a needle if that makes sense :hug: x
I dont suppose you could get someone to hide those side extensions from you for a few months lol :lol: ?

hehe i swear it isnt my extensions! lol. the hair from the root to about 3 inches down is in good condition, it is where i had it bleached about 6 months ago (and coloured back over with colour touch). and i dnt wear my extensons EVERY day, i wear the sides pinned back a lot too. i guess its the straighteners more than anything.................................. thanks for ur help btw happy new year :cry::)

hehe i swear it isnt my extensions! lol. the hair from the root to about 3 inches down is in good condition, it is where i had it bleached about 6 months ago (and coloured back over with colour touch). and i dnt wear my extensons EVERY day, i wear the sides pinned back a lot too. i guess its the straighteners more than anything.................................. thanks for ur help btw happy new year :cry::)

I guess it must be those straighteners then :),
dont you think us hairdressers tend to push our own hair to the limits ?

I think its because we always want to try out the latest new colours ect
before we use them on customers hair , my friend was always doing this too,
and I must say I used to do it also :lol: ,
first I would have highlghts then blonde all over then back to brown then highlights again,
and although for many of us hairdressers the colour service part is free and enjoyable
we tend to want to do it too much , hence the dry ends lol ,

I keep saying I am going to stick to a Beverly Cobella colour cut and style from now on because her hair is just fab,

we also blow dry and iron our barnets most days because of the salon image, so I know what you mean ,
ps I have always loved your hair that cool reddish brown colour on your avatar pic, x :hug:, happy New year to you too x

i know we do push our hair to the limit. i see someones hair colour ive just done and think o ill have that on mine lol. and it is cos i keep using straightneers to keep the salon image. vicious circle!! i washed it today and didnt straighten the sides again, so proud!! lol.
i want that cool red back again, its slightly too dark now and a very bronzy red. x

Latest posts

Back