really rude!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimberley

Reaction score
I dont know what to do, im a member of the "tell us about it board" belonging to gina wallace who does the home learn courses, anyway i posted a message on there saying that i was confused about where to get supplies from and please can you help and looking forward to doing the course and stuff, and she replied saying the answers are already on the site and stop wasting my time, every post you post is useless to me.

i am really shocked and not sure whether to do the course now .....if the support is like that.........what do i do?

Kimberley said:
I dont know what to do, im a member of the "tell us about it board" belonging to gina wallace who does the home learn courses, anyway i posted a message on there saying that i was confused about where to get supplies from and please can you help and looking forward to doing the course and stuff, and she replied saying the answers are already on the site and stop wasting my time, every post you post is useless to me.

i am really shocked and not sure whether to do the course now .....if the support is like that.........what do i do?

hi kimberley.......i dont think gina was being rude to you at all, she was just trying to point out to you that if you search and read through the pages on her website you will find the answers that you are looking for...its the same on here....if someone asks a question that has been answered many times before then that person is told to use the search facility...after all that is what its for ;)
as for you not being sure wether you want to do the course now....maybe a home learn course is not the one for you...a classroom course with a tutor might be a better option then you can go ahead and ask all the questions and have all the support that you want and need....its definately something to think about....the home learn courses are great for certain people but you would probably benefit from having someone on hand to keep you right

i think you should sit down and write out a list of things that you are not sure about and then search for the answers either on gina's site or on here and if you cant find the answer to what you are looking for then go ahead and ask.....i'm sure thats what gina meant in her post.....but i will say something....there are not many nail related topics that have not been covered on this site.....so go ahead and get the search facility into action and find all the answers you are looking for :)

stanleyann

Who said that to you?!?!!?!

I was going to do the EN course, but went with Creative. They're fab through n through, products can be ordered via the phone, and they are just fabulous to use, help is ALWAYS there when you need it too. They teach you everything you need to know and learning in a classroom is far more vital and valuable than learning via a video!!!

You still get the nail trainer with the Creative course, so you don't miss out on that!! :green:

xxlaylaxx

HI THERE KIMBERLY

I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU , I KNOW GINA PERSONALLY AND WAS ALSO A STUDENT OF HER AIRBRUSH COURSE ...AND I AGREE WITH STANLEYANN ! I KNOW THAT GINA IS A VERY NICE PERSON AND MAY HAVE COME ACCROSS RUDE , BUT SHE IS AN EDUCATOR ...AND SHE WILL DO ALL SHE CAN TO HELP YOU , BUT SHE IS PRETTY STRICT IN TELLING HER STUDENTS TO CHECK THE WEB SITE FOR ALL ANSWERS BEFORE POSTING . HOWEVER , I KNOW THAT SHE GIVES 100% PLUS MORE TO HER STUDENTS ...I HAVE PICKED UP THE PHONE ON MANY OCCASIONS AND SPOKE WITH HER FOR HOURS AND SHE WAS MORE THAN WILLING TO HELP ....SO DONT BE AFRAID TO TAKE HER COURSE ...I DO BELIEVE THAT SHE WILL DO ALL SHE CAN TO HELP YOU ! HOWEVER IF SOMETHING IS ON HER WEB SITE SHE DOES EXSPECT YOU TO DO THE RESEARCH FIRST ..AS SHE HAS SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS PUTTING THE WEB SITE TOGETHER AND MORE THAN LIKELY GETS DISTRESSED WHEN PEOPLE ASK QUESTIONS THAT SHE HAS ALLREADY ANSWERED . BUT YOU DIDNT KNOW , SO DONT WORRY ABOUT IT ...NOW YOU DO ...SO SMILE ..HAVE A GOOD NIGHT! :green:

Kimberley said:

:green:

;)
Kimberley said:
and she replied saying the answers are already on the site and stop wasting my time, every post you post is useless to me.

I was surprised when I read your post as I met Gina at GMEX last year and found her to be a most helpful person. So I went to the message board you mentioned and found the thread. I think it's a little unfair to state that Gina said "stop wasting my time" and "every post you post is useless to me" as she didn't say that at all. What she DID say was:

"Kimmy, just about every question you've ever asked me is already answered on my web site. Please don't take this wrong, but realize how incredibly impossible it is for me to answer every one of your questions when the answers are already here. Please, please, please find them. Most everything you will ever need is located under the link I have provided you three other times AND is listed on the navigation menu on every page -- it's called STUDENT HELP.

http://www.ginawallace.com/html/homelearn.php?page=homelearnstudents

Because of my dedication, I continue to reply, but there are at LEAST 3000 other students (at any given time) who are deserving of attention too. It is for this reason that in the future, I can only answer your questions that are NOT already listed. I'm sorry....but there is only one of me.

Your course has ALL the information in it that you need to succeed. Thousands upon thousands of people have become highly successful using the Home Learn method of training, even without this web site to assist them. I created this site of my own free will...NOT a requirement of my representation of ENP...but solely because I DO CARE about the outcome of each student.

I sincerely hope I have not offended you in any way, but please try to put yourself in my shoes.

I do hope Gina doesn't mind me quoting her here, but I thought it needed posting.

I know how much easier it is to ask someone for the answer to a problem rather than trying to find it yourself, but you have to realise that not everyone has the time on their hands to answer every question thrown at them. The way I read it, Gina has directed you to the Student Help section a few times previously and has said she doesn't wish to offend you in any way by telling you again that everything you need to know is in that section. I don't think her reply to you was rude at all.

Now, please don't take this as a personal attack - it isn't. I do know how complicated and frustrating everthing can be when first starting out. I just wanted to make sure other members didn't go away with the impression of Gina being an uncaring monster, because she's not. You perhaps took her reply the wrong way and I'm sure she wouldn't like to think that she upset you in any way.

Regards
Jackie ;)

Dear Kimberley,
Gina Wallace is a 'professional' and although her primary concern will be to help, aid etc she will - like many others, get a little frustrated with the same posts over again when she has tken the time to make sure YOU HAVE all the answers in the first place! The Geek has always said - 'think before you post'. You are young and eager and we ALL WANT for you to do well - what I'd like you to start thinking about (and we have all been guily of this and have had to do it OURSELVES too) - is,
'Is what I am about to write, going to benefit others?'

You are obviously very sweet and I applaud you wanting to learn but like some of the other Geekettes have said to you, start to use the board as a learning tool too by making use of the great areas The Geek has provided for us.
I notice that on a previous post you were looking to buy art products etc on Geek Bay - why don't you reasearch the industry with the help of the sites and phone calls to companies (ask Ella - she is the Queen of reasearch) and put your hard earned money (or your parents :) )in to something that YOU KNOW will see you through to a dedicated future in nails!! Too many people have lost countless pennies, by 'doing a bit of this, a bit of that' and not really learning PROPERLY how to do anything to help them make serious money!:mad:

I hope I have helped and no offence is meant in any way (as I'm sure Gina didn't mean any either)!! Layla aka Laystar on this site is only a couple of years older than you and has loved nails for as long. I am sure she won't mind me saying that her very initial posts showed her utter enthusiasm but also her age; now she has been on a good foundation course and has improved her nail skills; her posts are thoughtful and thought provoking - ask her a couple of questions if it helps you as you are both still teenagers BUT more to the point, listen to some of the wonderful 'posters' on this site who have been in the business for a long time. They have expereince and they know just how much hard work goes into becoming a serious and GREAT NAIL TEK.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts Kim!!!

ok, thanks, its just i didnt know there was a search facilty on the site, kim x

i just looked on the tell us about it board, and my reply to gina wallace was deleted, i did apologise to her, im only 17 new to all this and im bound to make some mistakes, but i didnt know there was a faq on the site. sorry for inconvience caused
kimberley :)

Kimberley said:
i just looked on the tell us about it board, and my reply to gina wallace was deleted, i did apologise to her, im only 17 new to all this and im bound to make some mistakes, but i didnt know there was a faq on the site. sorry for inconvience caused
kimberley :)
No inconvenience caused - you can have fun now searching to your hearts content!!!

thanks everyone for your advice :)
I just was alittle confused, i pm(private messaged) gina sying sorry for inconvicence :) xxxx

Kimberley said:
thanks everyone for your advice :)
I just was alittle confused, i pm(private messaged) gina sying sorry for inconvicence :) xxxx
Don't let it get you down Kimberley, seeking advice & asking questions is good but using the search facility will make you feel even better, I know it did for me. Just rooting through all the archives in here & seeing that the question you have was bothering someone else made me feel a little less dumb :lol: Then all the answers were there already.

When I first stumbled across this site I was new & feeling overwhelmed by all the learning to be taken in. I spent weeks ploughing through archives searching on anything I could think of, I'm like a ghost member - hardly ever post as I'm so busy reading all the advice thats been passed out in the past :lol: .

In fact, when I first arrived here I was only planning to do manicure & pedicure, I had a good business plan & a marketing stratergy & target client base ........ then the NailGeek bug got me, next week I go to BioSculpture to do my gel training & I'm already talking with Ant Buckley about my next courses after that for Silk & L&P ....... new business plan is now in force :lol: . That's the power of the information in the archives ....... go searching & have a ball :D

Karen

thanks karen, i feel alot better now :)
I suppose everyone here had to start somehwere to, once again thanks everyone for making me feel better and the advice :) xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back