Really sore and scabbing after wax treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ouchyouchy

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry I’m an imposter, but I’m too embarrassed to go to the place I had my treatment done.

I’ve got PCOS so I have a hairy chin and lip, I finally summoned the courage to go and have it waxed instead of keep shaving, especially as I’m due to go on holiday.

The treatment itself wasn’t particularly easy owing to the amount of chins I have- the lady actually grabbed the skin on my neck with the tweezers a few times, which was a bit sore, but I felt happy that I won’t need to shave every day.

When I left I was sore, yesterday I was sore, and today, well it’s a bit more painful and all along my jaw line I’ve scabbed up, and it’s really obvious.

I’m due to go on holiday in a few days, does anyone have any tips of how to get rid of these scabs quickly please? And can anyone tell me if this is normal? I’ve never had this with my legs or my eyebrows, but my chin area is really bad and much more obvious than even the stubble was before I had it waxed.

Thank you to anyone who can give any advice, my confidence is on the floor as it is so I don’t really want to go back and ask them how I can look after this scabbing to get it to heal ASAP. I really don’t wanna look like I’ve scraped my chin across the pavement for my holidays and the pictures.

Did she use strip wax and go over the area several times? I would moisturise lots to encourage the skin to heal

Hi Scrubadub,
Yeah she used wax 4 times in some areas, she said when she was doing it that she was only supposed to do it twice in each area, so maybe that’s why I’ve had such bad scabbing.

Thank you, I have been moisturising the past few days and I’m starting to lose some of the scabbing. I’ve just been using a simple E45 as I didn’t want to risk any further issues x

Hi Scrubadub,
Yeah she used wax 4 times in some areas, she said when she was doing it that she was only supposed to do it twice in each area, so maybe that’s why I’ve had such bad scabbing.

Thank you, I have been moisturising the past few days and I’m starting to lose some of the scabbing. I’ve just been using a simple E45 as I didn’t want to risk any further issues x

4 times is definitely way too much with strip wax especially on a sensitive area like your face! Don’t go back to that therapist as she should know better!

If she hasn’t put you off waxing for life, next time choose a therapist who uses hot wax rather than strip wax. This is far gentler on the skin as it shrink wraps the hair rather than sticking to the skin. You will be really pleased with the results.

Hi Ouchyouchy, I feel for you, I really do. Many beauty therapists go into beauty because they understand how lonely and shaming excess body hair or body fat can feel.

Sadly the first treatment can be challenging. As a therapist I can understand the temptation to do a really great hair removal result. We want to do our best and we try and guess how tolerant your skin is to waxing. Your therapist is inexperienced in the challenges of PCOS but keen to help.

I'd try threading. It doesn't tweak the skin but you need to commit to returning every two weeks for a treatment without tweezing or shaving in between. Gradually the hair will get finer, more sparse and less noticeable.

My clients come to me because I can promise them a solution. I had a lady in today who came to me a year ago with a dreadful chin and neck problem. Ingrowing hairs, rough skin that looked awful and really sensitive, with hairs visible below the skin - like Desperate Dan from The Beano. She still has dark, strong hairs, but we have finally achieved full hair removal of all visible hairs without any ingrowing hairs. Her skin is so smooth, it looks great after a treatment. The hair regrowth is much less noticeable, finer, more sparse and less vigorous. I've just rebooked her for 3 weeks time.

Can you imagine feeling confident for 3 weeks?

Try sudocrem as the zinc helps skin healing and search out an Environ salon. The vitamin A in their products will really help to normalise your skin. Moving forward, the more you have professional hair removal, the less strong your hair regrowth. At the moment the hair is really tough and your skin is getting slaughtered. This will improve if you use Environ skin products and find a skilled threader. It will hurt at first. Take a pain killer and make sure you go to a salon well rested and recently fed.

If you can stretch to laser hair removal this will really help but will not be a permanent solution. This is because the laser will kill the hair follicles but will not treat the underlying hormonal problem which stimulates cells to grow new follicles. It can open the door to a management solution. After a few treatments book into a good threading salon to keep on top of hair regrowth.

Use a sun block on the scabbed areas whilst on holiday. Don't shave. Try Jane Iredale mineral makeup for regrowth camouflage and skin friendly sun block solution. Smile, don't pick and enjoy your holiday.

Bestxxx

Latest posts

Back