Really struggling as to what happened?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piersstanaway

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Had a client this week who has really baffled me !! she was an older lady who had short 100% white hair no other colour competely natural and she wanted to go a natural 7 with few highlights.
I use fudge colour and using my knowledge i applied 7.00 + an inch of 7.3 + 20vol with 1:1 resistant ratio.
The colour came out more like a 7.44 i got a real fright seeing the colour being rinsed off. Im confused as to why the colour was sooo bright, yes I added 7.3 but the hair had no pigment so I thought adding a small amount of gold was needed, I had mostly 7.00 for grey coverage. I understand a 7 level is an orange / yellow undercoat but seriously wasnt expecting such a bright result!! she said she liked it but I want to know what I did wrong??
thankyou

Last edited:
Have you used that colour range before?

Are the base color quite warm?

I've seen similar results in other lines, but usually just when 7.3 (gold) was applied, and even then, just at the heat band.

Hi everyone,
Had a client this week who has really baffled me !! she was an older lady who had short 100% white hair no other colour competely natural and she wanted to go a natural 7 with few highlights.
I use fudge colour and using my knowledge i applied 7.00 + an inch of 7.3 + 20vol with 1:1 resistant ratio.
The colour came out more like a 7.44 i got a real fright seeing the colour being rinsed off. Im confused as to why the colour was sooo bright, yes I added 7.3 but the hair had no pigment so I thought adding a small amount of gold was needed, I had mostly 7.00 for grey coverage. I understand a 7 level is an orange / yellow undercoat but seriously wasnt expecting such a bright result!! she said she liked it but I want to know what I did wrong??
thankyou
Hi there I use fudge and do find the 7/3 8/3 very gold it may be because you should have used 3% peroxide on 100% white hair. X

Hi there I use fudge and do find the 7/3 8/3 very gold it may be because you should have used 3% peroxide on 100% white hair. X
Thanks for your reply so does fudge recommend 3% for grey coverage? I always use 6%, only heard of Affinage using 3% for grey

Thanks for your reply so does fudge recommend 3% for grey coverage? I always use 6%, only heard of Affinage using 3% for grey
Hi yes sorry for late reply if it's same depth or going darker then 3% but all the strengths cover grey.xx

Hi yes sorry for late reply if it's same depth or going darker then 3% but all the strengths cover grey.xx
Hi there just thought I would post you this about fudge developers... 10vol_3% …level on level/ darker/grey coverage. 20vol_6%…1 level lighter/ grey coverage. 30vol_9%…2_3 levels lighter/grey coverage. 40vol_12%…3/4 levels lighter/ grey coverage. If using ultra light 30vol/9% it's 4 levels lighter. 40vol/12% 5 levels lighter. Hope that helps. Have you been using fudge long?x

Latest posts

Back