Really struggling to find a suitable makeup course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
I want a course that fulfils the following:

Offers a vtct or city and guilds level 3 qualification in fashion and photography makeup.

Is a fast track course provider rather than a college.

Is priced competitively.

Is based somewhere between the Midlands and London (I have found loads of suitable courses up north ironically but i do need something a bit nearer!)

Can anyone help with this. I've been looking for months and am still really struggling to find something.

There a loads of good courses in London but not that offer a VTCT etc. make-up is different to beauty, you don't need those qualifications. Insurance can still be provided if you have trained at a reputable place like AOFM. If you really want a qualification then look at IMA, offered at the London School of Make-up. Both the academies I have mentioned are priced competitively for what you get.

I want to teach in fe so I absolutely need the qualification.

Ironically most colleges just teach the level 2 makeup qualification as an evening course so I don't know if there is much call for people to teach the course I want to do in my local area. However I want to get the level 3 cert in fashion and photographic makeup to make it clear to potential employers that I've not just done level 2 makeup and forgotten about it and that I've kept up with my skills and doing it in industry and can bring that to learners in a college. So yeah, I be needing the vtct or city and guilds (would love to do the full level three in makeup artistry at college but I'm not sure its financially possible).

USB college In Birmingham do both a level 2 & level 3 in media hair & make up.
I don't know if any course provider that does this course outside of colleges.
There is a company in Birmingham that does make up courses for therapist wanting to make it to professional make up artists through the central school of make up ... courses are costly tho ... So it depends on your budget.

Latest posts

Back