really unsure.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid26

Reaction score
Hello all

i have just started gel nails and i am trained with LCN. When i started i was really keen. i have been going a couple of months now, and i am starting to think i may have done the wrong thing by picking this up. I am still learning lots, but i feel really unconfident and i am taking about 2 and a half hours to do french gel tips.

i dont know what to do.......does a lot still come with practice????

just a bit unsure really. i have done many case studies......but a lot of people have said that they have fallen off. They are then not coming back to do infills, which is disappointing as i am not charging a lot untill i am a bit more confident......

can anyone ofer me advice?

youve only been doing them for a couple of months so you will take ages doing them.
I think you are being a little hard on yourself bird!

it takes practice to get your time up to speed, it seems you are dooing your best and being thorough as its taking you a long time, and a perfectionist which is grt.
Nails just dont just fall off by the way, you may have a few heavy handed clients, if they are too long, take the length down.

Ive not trained in lcn so can you speak to an educator there you trained with?

Hello all

i have just started gel nails and i am trained with LCN. When i started i was really keen. i have been going a couple of months now, and i am starting to think i may have done the wrong thing by picking this up. I am still learning lots, but i feel really unconfident and i am taking about 2 and a half hours to do french gel tips.

i dont know what to do.......does a lot still come with practice????

just a bit unsure really. i have done many case studies......but a lot of people have said that they have fallen off. They are then not coming back to do infills, which is disappointing as i am not charging a lot untill i am a bit more confident......

can anyone ofer me advice?

HI honey,

I know how you feel, I thought when I started giving up was the only option. Don't let a few bad sets get you down. We have to make mistakes so we know where we've gone wrong. If I were you I would ask those clients back free of charge to get their nails right. Say to them you appreciate their patience but would they help you improve by coming back so you can talk through what they did with the nails, and you may come up with answers.

Check your Prep, rule number one! Make sure you're doing everything by the book. If you don't understand just ask us :)

I think you should get a few family and friends together and practise for free on them. Ask them to follow your aftercare advice so that you can get to the root of the problem if they lose one. Have a look at their broken nails and try and figure out what went wrong, how they broke it, what were they doing when it broke, how was your prep? etc.

If I were you, I would get my confidence up first with tons of partising before doing paying clients. I practised for 4 hours a night solid for 7 months, I came up with a routine, timed myself and got to know my work, so when things went wrong I would know if it was my work or the clients not following my aftercare advice.

I recently qualified as a Master hun and I still have my problems. I have a lady that came from an NSS Salon, her nails can't stop lifting and not one of my clients nails lift but hers ... I am having her call me when she notices them start to lift or I have her come to the salon so I can check them. We've all been there.

Hang in there honey, sorry I babbled on but hope I helped :hug:

xxxx

youve only been doing them for a couple of months so you will take ages doing them.
I think you are being a little hard on yourself bird! i agree

it takes practice to get your time up to speed, it seems you are dooing your best and being thorough as its taking you a long time, and a perfectionist which is grt.
Nails just dont just fall off by the way, you may have a few heavy handed clients, if they are too long, take the length down. very true, many threads on here lately about techs taking 2hrs + to do a set and has been said many time better to take longer and do good set than quicker and they be pants! also the enhancements could be to long or maybe your prep just needs tweaking to ensure they dont come off, but theres a great thread on here about nails not just 'pinging off' and about how you can tell if theyve come off cos not applied properly or if client has knocked/bitten/chewed/pried them off, ill try and find it for you hun

Ive not trained in lcn so can you speak to an educator there you trained with? i would deffo speak to your trainer/educator maybe you just needa 1 - 1 with someone to brush up on a few probs hun

anyway im sure its nothing major, please dont think youve made mistake , im sure in a few months time with some practise and reading the great tutorials on this site and maybe some extra help from your LCN educator you'll be laughing about this thread and wondering what you were worried about hunny

take care xxxx:hug:

Crikey I can remember feeling like that for quite a long time! If you love it hun just hang in there, practice, practice, practice and read the tutorials, ask questions etc, it will get easier but there are no shortcuts and no substitute for actually doing lots of nails.

chin up, it is a fab business xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back