Really upset...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJo1980

Reaction score
Hi, I dont post here much, bit of a lurker really :o
Anyway, I've had a massive problem in the salon today and really didn't know where else to turn for advice.
Basically, I have this extension client who has been coming to me for ages. She was booked in today for removal by one of my senior stylists. I wasnt there as I had a funeral to go to. Anyway, my stylist rang me to say she had run out of bond remover and couldn't finish taking them out!!!
I can't believe she started a job she couldn't finish! When I checked yesterday there was enough bond remover to remove the extensions, my stylist clearly wasted alot. OK, so she told the client what had happened and (quite understandably) the client was really really angry. I spoke to this client over the phone ( Im still st the funeral!!) and apologised profusely and explained that we would have more sent and could finish taking them out tomorrow. I held my hands up, as I'm aware this is unacceptable, but she was really really adamant she wasnt coming back :sad:
after an awful lot of apologising, she has aggreed to come back tomorrow and have the remainder removed, but says she will go elswhere for her extensions in future.
Im so upset as this is such a loyal client. I have always bent over backwards for my clients and it was only yesterday I spoke to her, and re arranged my whole day next week to fit her new set in! And whilst I was speaking to her, she was telling me what an amazing set of extensions they had been.
I just don't know what to do to get her to stay with us.
I jump through hoops for my clients, yet it's so quickly forgotten when a case of human error comes in to play.....
help please!!!!
JoJo
xxxx

If she is a loyal client and as you say, she is obviously happy with the quality of the extensions, I doubt she will risk going elsewhere on the back of 1 mistake.

If she does go elsewhere, its probably only a matter of time before she realises how well you treated her in comparison and is back with you!

What makes a business truly outstanding is how you deal with negative feedback, and to be honest, I think you have done everything possible. Sometimes people are never satisfied and easily forget how well they have been treated in the past.

Saw this quote earlier today too......

"The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake – you can’t learn anything from being perfect." - Adam Osborne

thankyou so much!
Thats made me feel a whole lot better x
p.s Ill be nicking that quote too ;-)

Latest posts

Back