Reasonable prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am currently re printing out my price lists and was wondering what others thought was a reasonable price to charge for services, such as Acrylic, gel and fibreglass enhancements.? Also what you feel would be a good price for basic manicures etc, for the area of Poole in Dorset.

I always like to offer (offers) such as new client reductions ie 10 - 15% off the first treatment and again offer rewards to my clients that recommend and obtain me new clients, currently i offer them 10% off there next infill or treatment, which so far has made the clients very pleased.

Due to this I can not afford to give rock bottom prices but wondered what people would call a reasonable price for this neck of the woods baring in mind I am also home based. I have done a lot of research but only managed to obtain my large volume of prices from salons, would you charge less or balance the same as them?

Any suggestions are gratefully received
Grace x

hi i dont know about prices your end but here in the north i charge around £40 a set, and its the same price for either fibreglass, gel or acrylic...cant remember who it was but someone mentioned on a board if you do 1 system cheaper then some people will always opt for the cheaper service, so me personnally just charge the same price for each system...
i believe down south its dearer for a set of nails too...Vic :D

Might I suggest that you call some salons in your area posing as a customer? At least you will know what your competition is charging. Personally I would not undercut them, but if you are way over them without a good reason - such as better products or service standard / location you will have a challenge to get customers. You might find some salons have websites with this info?

Regarding discounts. May I suggest that you give your new customers an incentive to return instead of off their first set. Lots of people only have nails done for a special event and you are effectively paying for this. Give them a big discount of thier first infills instead - maybe as a voucher at the time of the initial set.

Consider a loyalty scheme. Give the new client a few business cards. Ask them to put their name on the back and say that if one gets returned to you by another new client you will reward them with a discount off some nice products. I have had great success with this.

Thanks,

I have researched the local area extensively, main high street salons, found it a little harder with home based and mobile tech's but the general feel around here in the salon is between £26.oo - 35.oo per set, averaging about £30 in the majority.

I just wondered if I should lower my price in relation to others given that I am home based and do not have the same over heads as a salon.

Thanks for the tips with offers this sounds a good idea cheers

Grace x

If you are providing nice surroundings...........
Professional set up and standard...........
Then there is no reason, why your prices should be lower then a high street salons!!!!!!!!!

Complete privacy, no interruptions, cuppa if needed............
So no charge the same............

Personally, I work mobile / home based and I charge the same or more than the salons. Different people want different things. I have clients who don't drive, men who want discretion, busy ladies with no time to park in town, parents with no babyssiters for evening appointments etc.

For them my service is more attractive, so they are more than happy to pay more.

Identify which customers you want to have and figure out how to get them!

Hi Grace,
Where i live in cheshire the price ranges from £30-£40 per set in the local salons. But remember that if you go to cheap, it can be difficult to keep clients when you up your prices, because they may come to you because your cheaper., :)
lesleys_snowman1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back