Rebalance and backfills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deni

Dinky Geek
Reaction score
Hi...

Are rebalancing and backfills the same? I know the prceedure is the same ish but should we charge more for backfills as they take longer (or is that just me?)

Has anyone got any tips for helping me learn backfills? i havent actually done any yet and i am soooo nervous about doing my first client!

Also when a client breaks a nail and needs a new one, should we take off all the old acrylic or is it ok to just file it down and put new on top?

I always take the old off but wondered if it is nessasary? (spelling!)

Deni said:
Hi...

Are rebalancing and backfills the same? I know the prceedure is the same ish but should we charge more for backfills as they take longer (or is that just me?)

Has anyone got any tips for helping me learn backfills? i havent actually done any yet and i am soooo nervous about doing my first client!

Also when a client breaks a nail and needs a new one, should we take off all the old acrylic or is it ok to just file it down and put new on top?

I always take the old off but wondered if it is nessasary? (spelling!)

A backfill usually means that you replace the white during the rebalance appointment. We call this 'forever French' rebalance.

When a clinet breaks a nail, it is not often necessary to soak off and start again. If the rest of the product is on tight, You can:
1. Thin down and apply anew tip OR
2. Thin down and Sculpt back to the free edge and replace any other zones that need it.

There is a tutorial on the site for doing a Forever French rebalance.

Hi...
Now i KNOW for sure...thanks

geeg said:
There is a tutorial on the site for doing a Forever French rebalance.
Can you point me in the right direction for the rebalance tutorial, I can only find 3, one on prepping, one on sculpting and one on smile lines, am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanx alot

sammylou said:
Can you point me in the right direction for the rebalance tutorial, I can only find 3, one on prepping, one on sculpting and one on smile lines, am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanx alot

LOOK UNDER ARTICLES: Unfinished Rebalancing

Thanks Geeg, I had seen that one but when I read your message I thought the Geek had added a new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back